Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Strange things happening with Ecommerce Navigation

Strange things happening with Ecommerce Navigation

Stephen Anthony Jackson
Stephen Anthony Jackson

Can someone shed some light onto why I get some random urls in the breadcrumbs when using ecommerce navigation?

I have several product lists, each with their own design.

Each also has its own detail page for its products.

All details pages have their own navigation tag  for example "EngineProductDetails" or "PropellerProductDetails", and the product list tables have the correct navigation tag set.

All that works. 

I want to use ecommerce navigation with these pages

Ecommerce Navigation is enabled and configured in the same way on both the product list page and each detail page.

I can nagivate down to a product and the URL in the address bar with correct path and productid is used

For example

/engines/1234567

However in the breadcrumbs, the url for the engines ecom group is engines-4 ? Which makes no sense. I would like to link to the ecom group from the main site menu, instead of to the product list page (for consistency), but linking to engines-4 is just weird.

And here is where it gets even weirder. There are more of these urls   engines-2 shows a page with a product list which I havent even created. with just a list of product names (one column)

How do I fix this so I just have  /engines url? there are NO other pages anywhere in the site with "Engines" as the url (and no other sites on the server with /engines), so I dont understand this numbering

Cheers

//Steve

Replies

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Steve

Sorry for the late reply. Is this still relevant?
It seems that the problem is the navigation is being rendered multiple times.. "engines-4" indicate 4 identical "engines" URLs. To make it unique Dynamicweb add -1,-2,-3,-4

Could you please create a Ticket in Care@Dynamicweb.com we would like to see the navigation setup from here.

Kind Regards
Care Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum