Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Stock table bug when Stock Location is 'Nothing Selected'

Stock table bug when Stock Location is 'Nothing Selected'

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hi,

I noticed what looks like a bug in the product Stock table. If you create an entry with a unit, but without a Stock Location attributed, the stock showed on the frontend will be randomly pulled from one of the other units that matches the user's Stock Location.

Here, I made a video to show the issue:

https://www.screencast.com/t/O4lneFpyrB

I'm aware there's not a lot of reason why we'd create an entry on the Stock table without a Stock Location, but it is possible to do and therefore it shouldn't behave like this. I think if there's no unit stock matching the user's Stock Location, it should either show Out of Stock, give a warning that the user's Stock Location doesn't have that unit available or perhaps get the Product Stock, but it shouldn't grab the stock available for another unit.

Regards

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

I've sent this to QA to validate if this is a bug or there might be other reasons for this.

Sorry about the inconvenience

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

HI,

The issue is reproduced on last DW97 with Rapido 311 template set in fact, "Ecom:Product.Stock" tag seems not to work correctly in the case (default location is provided in frontend via user logged or site settings). It's now bugged by TFS 70086 will be fixed in an upcoming release. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA 

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Mafalda

The problem regarding #70086 "Stock table bug when Stock Location is 'Nothing Selected' " has now been resolved in Dynamicweb hotfix version 9.7.3

To upgrade please choose this version from download:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum