Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Stock Location Records with Same UOM

Stock Location Records with Same UOM

Tan Pang Lin Dynamicweb Employee
Tan Pang Lin

Hi

https://www.useloom.com/share/c6c7d518b3d74412b0de3d06da71a0d0

Referring to above video link,  may I know what should happen if more than one stock locations having the same UOM.

I had two locations,  West and South,  both having the same UOM, piece,  but different stock level.     West had 17 stocks where South had 10 stocks.   

In the front end,   

- it showed two "same" UOM, piece,  this itself is missleading,  any suggestion how to make it not missleading?

- Nevertheless,  I select 1 unit from "West" location  and 2 units from "South" locations ,  I assume the first one is "West" and the second one is "South".

- after making the payment,  I noted the stock was deducted from "West" locaiton only.  

I would like to understand what is the expected result of this type of "setting"?   Or what is the right way of using location setting?

Thanks

Pang Lin

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Pang Lin

On the website settings or on the logged in user, you specify what stocklocation to use - find the setting on the ecommerce settings for website or on the user edit.

You cannot create an order where orderline 1 take product from location 1 and orderline 2 take product from location 2.

When you set the location, you should not see the same unit twice, but only once for the location that you have set.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum