Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Sort by specific group

Sort by specific group

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Dynamicweb,

I am very much missing a feature on how to sort a list of product by a specific group (eg. Sort_GROUP129)? This field seems to be hidden when setting up paragraph sorting on an ecom module.

Can this field become visible?

Best regards,

Anders

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

We hide the field because there can be a lot of them

You need to use this setting instead - and the app will react on &GroupID=GR1 and apply the sorting automagically.

If you have a situation where the page is only listing one group without the querystring parameter, you should be able to do that by setting the parameter value on the paragraph setting.

In cutting edge 9.13 versions that will treat the groupid value as it comes from the querystring causing facets and sorting to kick in.

BR Nicolai

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Nicolai,

That sounds awesome! And exactly what I am looking for here :-) Can you say which version of Dynamicweb.Ecommerce that supports this feature?

Best regards, Anders

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Nicolai,

I cannot see how this feature is implemented in this file: "src/77 - Ecommerce/Dynamicweb.Ecommerce/Frontend/Frontend.cs". Am I looking in the right file as I cannot make it work?

Best regards, Anders

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Nicolai,

Hope you can help me out on this one? Where should I look to activate the feature?

Best regards, Anders

Nicolai Pedersen

On Swift, using 9.13.8 we use it.

• You need a GroupID parameter for it to catch it.
  • You need to not override the sorting - neither here or in the query you use
  • You need to set the checkbox
  • Your frontend need to do &GroupID=gr1 - and not all kind of other fun stuff

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Nicolai,

Thanks, the case is that a lot of our customers are setting the GroupId manually for the query parameter in the module settings as they are adding a lot of content to the product list pages for better seo and conversion matters and then we do not have the GroupId in the url... But still the customers are looking for a way to have the products sorted as in the specify group.

Best regards,

Anders

Nicolai Pedersen

Then just set the sort to the sort field:

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

But that is not working when the groupId is set as a default parameter and not as a query parameter :-/

Nicolai Pedersen

Will try to reproduce and have QA look into this.

If you have a public test URL we can look at, please email it to me.

Thanks, Nicolai

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Anders

I think you issue is related to this one as well: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/cms-standard-features/cms-standard-features/product-query-sorting-ignored

Can you take a look at the upgrade and see if that should fix your issue?

Thanks and sorry, Nicolai

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Nicolai,

I have now tried to upgrade to 9.13.8 and setup a page here: http://swift-19.websrv01.smartpage.dk/ae-test, and the result is that no products are shown...

Should I instead report this to DW Care?

Best regards, Anders

Nicolai Pedersen

Thanks for trying. I have reported it  and QA is looking into this.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Anders,

I cannot enter inside your admin to have a look a cause of the list emptied, since it's not possible with Angel right now. But I was able to reproduce not applying frontend sorting among products in specific group where sort order was changed in backend on my Swift site based on DW9.13.8. It's reproduced if the group is provided via default parameter (in query or module paragraph settings) and but not in URL (with the module settings set as Nicolai posted above). I suppose my finding corresponds to yours, comment if doesn't, please. I've created new task 8076 to fix it. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

You must be logged in to post in the forum