Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » RMA management with two websites

RMA management with two websites

Tomas Gomez

Hi,

I have a solution with two websites. and need to send RMA notifications separately from each website. This way, Website1 notifications are sent from/to different email addresses than Website2 notifications.

About the RMA states, I created different states for Website1 and Website2, so notifications about the state changing are sent different for each website. The problem is with the RMA types and the RMA events.

• Is it possible to add more RMA types? The default are return, defective or exchange, and I need to add more types. I could not find any info about this in the RMA documentation.
  • The RMA events fire the same notication for both websites. What is the best way to send different notications for the RMAs of Website1 and Website2?

Regards,
Tomas

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi, Tomas

1. It's unable to add new RMA types via UI,  they are hardcored in database.

2. RMA states/events and email notifications related to them can be translated to available ecom languages other than default (if ecom multilaguage is available in your solution per licency surely). Each of the email notification can have different settings for recipients in every language. Ecommerce settings ('Website-Edit - Ecom button-Ecommerce settings edit form') of your sites should follow the translations of states/events/email notifications. Shop in cart and site settings should be set the same. 

BR, Oleg QA

Tomas Gomez

Thanks, Oleg

1. Then, how is it possible to add new RMA types? I cannot find any table in the database containing the RMA types. Our customer works with four RMA types and there are only three available.

2. It is not a translation issue. The two websites are in different domains and have different shops (B2C and B2B of the same products). So RMA events of Shop1 (B2C shop) have to send emails from Website1 address (B2C address). This way, B2C users will receive mails from the B2C address, and B2B users from B2B address. However, when configuring the RMA event notifications (in Settings>Ecomm>RMA >Email notifications) there is no distinction between websites or shops, so same email sender is used for B2C and B2B emails. Is there any option to send different emails according the website or shop?

BR, Tomás

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars
This post has been marked as an answer

>> It's unable to add new RMA types via UI,  they are hardcoded in database.

That's not entirely correct. They are hardcoded, but in code, not in the database. In the ReturnMerchandiseAuthorizationType enum to be precise:

Public Enum ReturnMerchandiseAuthorizationType
        ReturnProducts = 1
        DefectiveProducts = 2
        ExchangeProducts = 3
    End Enum

As such, they cannot be extended.

When the notification fires, can you use custom code to determine which site it's for?

Votes for this answer: 1

Tomas Gomez

Thanks, Imar!

Ok with RMA types. I think it would have to be more flexible, I'll write a suggestion in the Feature request forum.

And agree with the custom code to catch the event to determine the site. The point was to do it by UI and avoid customizations.

Regards,
Tomás

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

>> The point was to do it by UI and avoid customizations.

Ye, understood!

You must be logged in to post in the forum