Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Product prices at an Order discount

Product prices at an Order discount

Tomas Gomez

Hi,
We need to configure a product discount of a 10% applied only when the Total price of the order is greater than a certain amount.

If we use the "Product discount", then the issue is that the discount is always applied to the selected products, disregarding the total price of the order.
If we use the "Order discount", then the discount is applied evenly to each orderline (i.e. same amount to each orderline) and when buying products of different prices the cheapest products may have a negative final price.

How can we apply a product discount when the total price of the order is greater than a certain amount?

Regards,
Tomas

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Should be straight forward:

This

Gives me this:

BR Nicolai

Tomas Gomez

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for the suggestion, but we need to apply a discount per product (not as an aditional orderline). It is a B2B site and the users (distributors) need to know the cost of each product to apply their margins.

Furthermore, when sending the order to the ERP (Bussiness Central) the total discount is applied evenly per product (i.e. same amount to each product). This way, somtimes the cheapest products have a negative price in the ERP.

We need to apply a percentage of the total discount to each product.

Which would be the best way to do so?

Regards,
Tomas

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Discounts always result in new discount orderlines - but the price is deducted from the unit price.

This should work - I see it still shows the discount on the product even though it is not applied in the cart. That is a bug... I just fixed it.

Devops#11649

Will give you this:

Votes for this answer: 1

Tomas Gomez

Thanks to fix it, great!  :-)

What should I upgrade at my solultion to fix it? The solution is DW 9.13.7 and Swift 1.6.1.

Regards,
Tomas

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

It will be in next 9.14 version of ecommerce. So you need to upgrade to 9.14.latest when the next is released.

Swift does not need an update.

Votes for this answer: 1

Tomas Gomez

Ok, thanks

You must be logged in to post in the forum