Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Product Key vs Product Id in the Repository

Product Key vs Product Id in the Repository

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

Question: Should ProductKey be Analyzed (or use the same analyzer as ProductId)?

Introduction: Using Swift v1.26.0 (or above) in DW 9.17.5 we have different behavior from the Repository using the field Product Key vs Product Id.

Issue: When using Product Slider Component using "Selected Products", we ended up not getting anything rendered.

There was an update in Swift v1.26.0 and ProductKey started to be used instead of ProductId on this Pull Request. Looks like the expectation is that it would the same as using ProductId, but after inspecting it in Luke, they are different:

It was only when we reverted the expression back to using ProductId that we got results. Here's the repro https://www.screencast.com/t/LAd9JOBQq3U

Conclusion: I fixed it for my project by changing the expression. I wonder if ProductKey has a bug or if it's accurately set, then Swift has a bug.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi Nuno,

I have created a support ticket (14759) on your behalf (just to keep track). We will follow up on your question, and report back here on this thread.

BR
Snedker

Nuno Aguiar

Thank you Morten. That sounds good.

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi Nuno,

You should adjust the query/analyzed to get the result. We will make sure to adjust the query in future release of Swift. Thanks for bringing it to attention.

BR
Snedker

Nuno Aguiar

Sounds good. Thank you Morten

You must be logged in to post in the forum