Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Orderline quantity not updating for products without stock

Orderline quantity not updating for products without stock

Mario Santos Dynamicweb Employee
Mario Santos

Hi.

I am able to add products without stock to the shopping cart, but when I try to update the orderline quantity nothing happens.
The Unavailable products setting on paragraph app is set to Ignore. Am I missing any setting?

DW version: 9.4.18

Thanks!
BR, Mario

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

I would guess you have an error somewhere in your cart template.

Look at the post when you do the update. Does it look like expected?

BR Nicolai

Mario Santos

Yep, it does: QuantityOrderLine{OrderLineId}=5.

I checked again and figured that both decrement and increment links work, but using quantity input box the orderline quantity is not updated.
Tested with standard template and got the same result.

BR, Mario

Nicolai Pedersen

Well - that is just one parameter.

What does your ENTIRE post look like - please add a screen dump...

Mario Santos

I submitted the form to both orderlines quantity be set to 10 - only the orderline from product with stock was updated. Screen dump attached.

MyCartPost.PNG

Nicolai Pedersen

2 things it could be.

I do not see the cartcmd - is that on your querstring?

And are you using product reserve? If so, that would keep track of what can be added and ultimately result in increament not working...

BR Nicolai

Mario Santos

Hi Nicolai,

I am not using cartcmd, although I tested with cartcmd=updateorderlines and the got the same behavior.
Also tested with cartcmd=orderline&key={OrderlineId}&quantity=4 - orderline quantity was incremented by 4 even for products without stock.

The product reserve was active (facepalm - feature request: add it to the smiley list) , I set it to 0 and that did the trick.

Thanks for the help!
BR, Mario

Nicolai Pedersen

Shit happens!

I do not know how you get it working without a cartcmd... Anyways - checkout this one: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/ecommerce/orders/shopping-cart#2948

You must be logged in to post in the forum