Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Order discount Free shipping and ERP integration

Order discount Free shipping and ERP integration

Siv-Renate Hansen
Siv-Renate Hansen

I created an order discout of type Free shipping on friday (b2b client) and experienced that order import to the ERP system did not cope with this.

The discount Free Shipping creates an order line, which has no product number, so the ERP system did not recognize the "product".

How can I get around this? Our integration developer says that he can remove order lines without product number prior to ERP import, but that is not a good way of solving this.

The NULL product number also contributes to funky prices in the order.

I understand that our integration is not your concern, but perhaps you have experienced this before with others that have NAV integrations and the lack of product number causing trouble.

Replies

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Siv,

How are other discounts being handled? In DW or by the ERP? We've had some issues with projects where sharing ownerships of discounts was very hard to manage, and eventually either DW owns discounts (and the ERP needs to accept any discounts that are generated by Dynamicweb) or the ERP does it (using "Cart Communication Type" = Full). https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/integration/integration-framework-2/live-integration#7050

And does this behave differently in the ERP than an order discount (for example 10% on the entire order)?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

You must be logged in to post in the forum