Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » One Site Many Shops Solution

One Site Many Shops Solution

Tan Pang Lin Dynamicweb Employee
Tan Pang Lin

Hi

Our exsting customer after implemeting ecomm for their own company is now looking at marketplace type of solution, like Taobao.   Do you think that is it possible to customize DW to acheive it?

1.  One site for all the shops

2. Each shop is a brand which take care of product creation / product price / stock level / discount / delivery.     With regard to product,  I can see this can be done using PIM warehouse,  then later push to respective group of the shop with permission setup correctly.    Am I correct?

3.  Each shop can have frontend facing in the same site,   this I do not see a problem,  as this can be done by content managment with the right permission setup. 

4.  There would be only One cart.  this has no issue too.

5.  consumer can place items from different shop in the cart and the following was observed.

a.  if the cart only have shop A item,   the order went to shop A

b.  if the cart only have shop B item,  the order went to shop B

c.  however,  if the cart have both Shop A and Shop B item,  the order went to orders folder.   no order exist in shop A or Shop B for this case     I had checked the EcomOrders and noted the  OrderShopId was Null.    May I know is it possible to have OrderShopID to be added in table EcomOrderLines?   If yes,  how do I go about it?  If no,  what would be your suggestion that had the least effort to tag on engine of DW.

6.  Is it possible to have a separate folder that look at orderlines based on the shop?  The idea is not to look at order as a whole but rather to check what need to be deliver by each shop?  That is looking at just the product,  product quantity and shipping address.  This folder must have the same permission feature.    Is this a good idea?  If no,  what would be your suggestion that had the least effort to tag on engine of DW.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Pang Lin

Replies

You must be logged in to post in the forum