Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Loyalty points for prices with decimals

Loyalty points for prices with decimals

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

We have noticed an important change in the Loyalty points rewards in recent DW versions.

In the past, the rewards were taking into consideration the decimals of the price while right now it seems that it will always round up the reward to the first integer.
This means that a product with a subunit price (say 0.2 EUR) will always generate 1 loyalty point.

We only have one solution using the loyalty points, therefore I am not sure if this is an exception or a rule.

We are running on DW 9.15.X and Swift 1.17.

We have checked the older reards and they were used to retain the decimal precision of the price. We have tried using rounding on the rewards without any success. I Need to know if we are missing some settings or it is a bug.

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

I will have someone investigate it.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you.

I believe that my colleagues have also opened a ticket with Dynamicweb Care but we have no progress on it. Maybe it was not clear enough

Thank you,
Adrian

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Adrian,

The results are the same on last DW9.17.1 as well. Actually, it is feature implemented by TFS task 86580 "Loyalty points should always be awarded / spent as integers" ( PBI 86599, fixed in Dynamicweb.Ecommerce 1.9.30 and up) long time ago. So, the behavior fully follows the description. 

BR, Oleg QA

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

Please clarify for me what this means. Does it mean that you made this change on purpose?
I honestly don't see the benefit of it (at least in our case) as someone can order 10 products for 0.2 EUR/piece and get 10 points (the equivalent of 10 EUR).

I can understand that this approach can be useful in some situations but at least I should be able to decide the behavior based on each circumstance. Don't you think?

How can I override/adjust this behavior with custom code?

Thank you,
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Yes - we made this on purpose for 9.10 since usually it is odd to get 217,3 points.

You cannot override this behavior.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

It's going to be hard to explain to our customer that the behavior that was implemented for +5 years is no longer working as it was designed, without any notice.

I really need a solution to this even it will involve some custom code. This company is selling a lot of items with prices lower than 1 EUR and their customers are now getting a lot more loyalty points than they are supposed to.

Thank you,
Adrian

Marius Tudor

Hello,

Is there any possible solution to this issue?

Nicolai Pedersen

Currently not - the only option is for us to change the logic back again.

Alternatively you can change the Loyalty point system to X10 - so you would earn 10 times the price but also spend 10 times the point.

You must be logged in to post in the forum