Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Implement promo code that use to net off the payment

Implement promo code that use to net off the payment

Tin Ma Ma

Hi

Our customer would like to implement promo code that use to net off the payment.   May I know what is the best way to achieve it.    We noted we cannot use discount module because it is subject to GST and the setting for subject to GST is a global setting and not individual discount record setting.

Regards,

Tin Ma Ma

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi

Is it a discount on the payment fee you want?

Thanks for clarifying!

BR Nicolai

Tin Ma Ma

Hi Nicolai,
It is an amount to offset the total order.

For example,

(1)place the order using mobile app save $10 in your bill.

(2)welcome to our new website, use this promo code to save 20 in your total bill.

May I know what is the best way to achieve it.

Regards,

Tin Ma Ma

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Tin Ma Ma

If you create an order discount of type "Order discount inclusive" witha $10 discount using a promocode, what is wrong if you do that?

Not sure I understand the GST problem - probably because I do not understand GST in your region.

If I buy 2 products of $100 each inclusive of gst, i.e. $20 for each product (GST=25%).

The total would be $200 of which $40 would be GST.

If I give $10 discount on a voucher - then what will be the amounts you want?
Under European law it would be a total of $190 ($200-$10) of which $38 is GST.

BR Nicolai

Tin Ma Ma

Hi Nicolai,

The requirement is not discount.The requirement is to offset the total bill payable.It is saving from the total bill.
In this example,  I am supposed to pay $200,   but because I have the promo code of $10,  so I only pay $190.
It is nothing to do with GST.   The company still liable to pay GST of $40.

Regards,
Tin Ma Ma

You must be logged in to post in the forum