Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Impersonation rights

Impersonation rights

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Hello,

We are working with impersonation and have some issues with the two types of impersontation methods:

Replacement of current user:

1. The permissions for current user (say a sales person) to pages and paragraphs are lost and does not have extended rights anymore

Tag order with impersonating user:

1. Then the current user (sales person) cannot add/remove/etc items to favorite lists from the impersonated user
  2. Then the current user (sales person) cannot see orders from on the impersonated user
  3. Then the cart is not changed when switching user
  4. and so on...

So how can we make use of the permission scheme on pages and paragraphs when using impersonation?
This is a really big issue for us.

Best regards, Anders

Replies

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Any thoughts on this one?

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Hello,

Does everyone have an idea for keeping permissions for the main user?

Best regards, Anders

Martin Midtlien

Hi,

we meet some of the same problems related to this:

User Case 1: When I impersonate another user, I cannot create new favorute lists on behalf of the impersonated user

User Case 2: My customer center gets a phone call from a user, and wants to impersonate the user and add items to users cart (helping user to find the right products). 

Could you, Anders, tell me if/how you've solved your problems?

Martin

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Martin

You now have this new setting in 9.5 - with this user a can impersonate user b, but still have the permissions of user a. See dump.

If you use full impersonation, you can create favorite lists for the user that is being impersonated and you can add products to the users cart. That is the entire point. But you have to use full impersonation.

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG

You must be logged in to post in the forum