Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » GLS and Consignor

GLS and Consignor

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi,

Our customer are using Consignor with their Navision ERP-system. At the same time, they would like to use the build-in GLS-module to select nearest parcel-shop.

As I understand it, it's either the one or the other, as the DW GLS-module automatically connects to the GLS-webservice, based on the credentials specified in the backend.

Anyone else using Consignor with GLS Parcel Service on DW 9.6 ?

--

Best regards
Kurt Moskjaer Andersen

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Kurt

There is a Consignor integration for Dynamicweb 9.7 (should work in 9.6 as well, but not tested). Find it here: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.ShippingProviders.ShipAdvisor/

Install the dll, setup a shipping method using the "ShipAdvisor" and connect to the customer account. Then you have GLS using the Consignor integration and that should makes thing easier.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi Nicolaj,

Thank you very much. I will look into it.

/Kurt

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi Nicolai,

Do you have any documentation on this, besides what I can find in the dll itself?

Our customer wants to show possible parcelshops to the end-customer at the frontend, to allow them to select the parcelshop they want.

This can be done with a simple Soap-request to GLS, but would it also be possible with this integration?

/Kurt

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Kurt

It is still documented, but it supports parcel shops like the other delivery providers - i.e. the https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/how-tos/shipping-providers/gls-shopdelivery

So the implementation would be the same as with other delivery providers that supports parcel shops.

If you use GLS directly instead of Dynamicweb template for the parcel shops, you will not have support for other than GLS. The shipadvisor also supports other carriers drop points, i.e. DAO, Bing, PostDK etc. if the customer chooses to support that later on.

BR Nicolai

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi Nicolai,

I cannot see it documented in the API-section on https://doc.dynamicweb.com/api-docs, where as the link you sent is to the implementation of the standard GLS-module.

I will look into implementing other delivery providers and the way it is done.

/Kurt

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Kurt

It is a shipping provider like all the others and work in the same way. A shipping provider is a way for Dynamicweb to make all shipping providers behave in more or less the same way. So the ShipAdvisor does not have an API for it self and share most template tags with the rest of shipping providers.

That means that in the cart, you i.e. have the tag for the shipping fee - that will be the same, but if ShipAdvisor has been setup, that provider will connect to Consignor and calculate the shipping cost. Then you need to specify a template for the provider it self - find our debugging template attached.

When this shipping method is chosen, the shipping provider will return a list of possible delivery methods (depending on your Consignor agreement and setup). If you choose a shipping method in the template that supports parcel shops, it will then list parcel shops.

In this template, like any other template, you can use @TemplateTags() to give you a complete list of available tags and their values.

BR Nicolai

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi Nicolai,

Perfect, now it makes sense - even for an old rat like myself :)

/Kurt

You must be logged in to post in the forum