Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Error retrieving favorite lists in DW 9.4.5 - cache problem ?

Error retrieving favorite lists in DW 9.4.5 - cache problem ?

Niels Foldager

Hi Dynamicweb,

I have just updated a solution from 9.3.12 to 9.4.5 and I am now experiencing some errors while retrieving favorite lists. In the solution I am working on, we have 7 different list types. After the first page load, GetLoop("CustomerCenter.ListTypes") is often empty, but if I refresh the page, the loop now contains one or more items. After several page loads, the loop contains all seven favorite lists.

I can see the error begins after version 9.4.2.

It is possible to retrieve favorite lists by using the API without refreshing the page several times.

Best regards,
Niels Foldager

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Niels,
you can use the API Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.CustomerCenter.CustomerProductList.GetListByType methods.

Regards, Dmitrij

Niels Foldager

Hi Dmitrij,

Yes, it works fine when I use the API, but it should also work when I use standard DW template tags like GetLoop("CustomerCenter.ListTypes") from a product, so I think this is a bug in 9.4.4 and 9.4.5, since it worked before version 9.4.4. Because of this, we also have a problem getting values for checking if product is in a list and links for adding and removing a product from a list. We need to update the page several times before this can be done.

Best regards,
Niels Foldager

Niels Foldager

Hi Dmitrij,

The error also occurs in DW 9.4.6 and Rapido 2.0 - look at this video: 

https://www.screencast.com/t/j3ZYqXMqWud

Hope you will come up with a quick fix of this error.

Best regards,
Niels Foldager

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Niels,
it will be fixed in tfs# 47933.
Regards, Dmitrij

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi, 

I have a similar problem in 9.4.17.

After a new list is created it's not in in the loop (GetLoop("Lists")) for lists but I can see in DB that it has been created. But if I recycle my app pool the lists shows up.

Is this related with the problem above?

Regards / Aki

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Aki,

I'm not able to reproduce your issue on last DW94 (9.4.19) as well as on DW95 (9.5.1) using Rapido template set (uses the same loop). Please have a look at the proof , comment if you steps do not follow mine.

BR, Oleg QA 

Niels Foldager

There still seems to be a problem with caching in DW 9.6.7, when retrieving lists based on "Customer number" instead of "User Id" (setting in Customer Center). When creating new favorite lists, they are not in the loop, GetLoop("Lists"). If I recycle the application, they are present in the loop. When deleting lists, they are not removed from the loop, before recycling of the application.

Best regards,
Niels Foldager

Nicolai Pedersen

I've sent this to QA for verification and fixing.

Thanks, Nicolai

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi all,

Yup, the issue is reproduced with 'Customer number' option in fact, now is bugged by TFS 64344 new created. Thanks for observing.

BR, Oleg QA 

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Niels

The Hotfix 9.6.8 has been released today 21/05 2019 correcting TFS #64344 regarding retrieving favorite lists.

Hopefully all issues regarding this is resolved after upgrade.

You are able to find this build in the download section:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Please contact Dynamicweb Support if you need any additional help regarding this.

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum