Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Discounts for anonymous users

Discounts for anonymous users

Scott Forsyth Dynamicweb Employee
Scott Forsyth

I'm sure this has been asked before, but are there plans for the discounts to support just anonymous users? I've been in two discussions this month about it. The goal is to be able to offer an incentive to new customers, but that won't be given to existing customers, or won't be given to B2B customers.

It could use the same system role permissions available in the new permissions model.

The other option is to support excluded groups. Then we could add B2B as an excluded group rather than anonymous+B2C in the included group.

Thanks,

Scott

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Scott

I have no recollection of anonymous vs non-anonymous discounts being asked before!

Currently the closest you get to this is to set "Usage per customer" to 1 - this way they will only receive the discount one time.

For the excluded groups: - you should be able to set that up by creating a group structure in user management that takes care of that - not as simple, I agree.

It should be fairly simple to add both features though - so I'll take a look at if we have time to add these to an upcoming release.

Besides, you will be happy to see that 9.7 includes a DiscountExtender that will make it possible for you to add your own parameters and checks using a configurable add-in:

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/api/html/73209394-6acc-5a2e-58bb-0817ed607d6d.htm

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Scott Forsyth Dynamicweb Employee
Scott Forsyth

Hi Nicolai,

That would be great for these to be added in an upcoming release. We bought some time that so that we don't need it immediately (at least that's the current plan). And I am happy to hear that 9.7 has a DiscountExtender. I'm sure we'll put that to good use.

I don't believe that a group structure would work for anonymous users because they won't exist in any group yet and we can't add them to a group until they give enough info for us to create them as a user.

But we're good for now. Adding those features to an upcoming release, please the DiscountExtender will be what we need for the time being.

Thanks,

Scott

You must be logged in to post in the forum