Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Discount settings for giving a free product

Discount settings for giving a free product

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have this request from my customer:

"For orders containg at least 50 RON worth of products from an EcomGroup, we want to give a product for free".

I have tried to set up this discount using Sales Discounts or Order Discounts. I can set to give the product for free, which is good, but I cannot trigger the discount based on the amount orders from products in the selected category. No matter how I configure it, the discount is triggered based on the whole order amount and not just based on the amount of products from the selected category.

And I have to agree with my customer that UI of the discounts is misleading, leading someone to understand that the Order amount is connected to the Product Group selected. Which apparently is not.

I am using 8.8.1.32, which is an old version but from what I see, the Ui of the sales/Orde rdiscounts has not changed much in the recent versions.

Is there any way to set up the discount as described? Is this a bug or the intended functionality? Is it worth it to submit as a feature request?

Thank you,

Adrian 

Replies

You must be logged in to post in the forum