Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Column CustomerFavoriteProductAutoId used in code bit not in update scripts

Column CustomerFavoriteProductAutoId used in code bit not in update scripts

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

We're running into SQL exceptions when using favorites lists indicating that the column CustomerFavoriteProductAutoId does not exist in table comCustomerFavoriteProducts.

I found that column listed in Create_DefaultEmpty.sql when the table is created and in CustomerProductListProduct.vb where it's used (since very recently, I believe). However, I don't see it in any of the upgrade scripts, so when you upgrade a site from before end of 2016 to the latest 9.6, things will stop working because of the missing column.

Should the column be created as part of the update scripts?

Imar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

I've asked QA to look into this.

BR Nicolai

Imar Spaanjaars

Thanks!

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi all,

I've created new TFS 65169 against the issue, it will be fixed on a further hotfix/release.Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

Imar Spaanjaars

Hi Oleg,

Thanks! I looked at the fix and I wonder if it's going to work. First the DDL statement:

ALTER TABLE [EcomCustomerFavoriteProducts] ADD [CustomerFavoriteProductAutoId] IDENTITY NOT NULL

The column definition is missing a data type. I believe the correct statement would be:

ALTER TABLE [EcomCustomerFavoriteProducts] ADD [CustomerFavoriteProductAutoId] INT IDENTITY NOT NULL

Secondly, the Where condition:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME='EcomCustomerFavoriteProducts' AND COLUMN_NAME='CustomerFavoriteProductAutoId'

Doesn't this say: If there is a table called EcomCustomerFavoriteProducts and it already has a column called CustomerFavoriteProductAutoId? Shouldn't the check for the column be using <> 

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME='EcomCustomerFavoriteProducts' AND COLUMN_NAME <> 'CustomerFavoriteProductAutoId'

making this read as "If there is a table called EcomCustomerFavoriteProducts and it does not already have a column called CustomerFavoriteProductAutoId"? 

Thanks!

Kim Søjborg Pedersen

What was the solution to this? Just upgraded from 9.6.6 to 9.6.10 and the site crashed with this SQL exception. Had to roll back.

Regards
Kim

Vladimir Shushunov Dynamicweb Employee
Vladimir Shushunov

Hi Kim,

Could you try to rerun 2112 update package for ecom on 9.6.10 (Settings\System\System information -> UPDATES -> ecom)? 

Best regards,

Vladimir

Vladimir Shushunov

Hi Imar,

1. It is not clean MS transact SQL -  it has some DW specific stuff 

2. No. The condition try to find a column with name = 'CustomerFavoriteProductAutoId'. if  condition returns 0 - the SQL update statement is runned .

If condition will have <>  - it returns number of columns in EcomCustomerFavoriteProducts  table.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Kim Søjborg Pedersen

Hi Vladimir

Yes I tried the red button, before I rolled back to 9.6.6, but the SQL exception was still there.

/Kim

Vladimir Shushunov

well... there should be a blue button near: "download update log".

If you have the chance, please attach it to the topic then I will able to analyze the problem.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Kim Søjborg Pedersen

Hi Vladimir 

I'm not sure what kind of information is in there, can I send it to your e-mail?

/Kim

Vladimir Shushunov

Hi Kim,

Sure! send to vshdynamicweb-cms.com

Best regards,

Vladimir

Imar Spaanjaars

>> No. The condition try to find a column with name = 'CustomerFavoriteProductAutoId'. if  condition returns 0 - the SQL update statement is runned .

That makes sense. Thanks!

You must be logged in to post in the forum