Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Assortments for anonymous user in multiple languages.

Assortments for anonymous user in multiple languages.

Mark Preisler

Hey

If I create an assortment for anonymous user in the Danish language and for the English language I uncheck for anonymous user, build assortmented and product indexed, then the product menu is properly removed for the English user, but the products are still showen.

Using

DW 9.7.0

Rapido 3.1.1

Capture13.PNG Capture14.PNG Capture15.PNG Capture16.PNG

Replies

Mark Preisler

Bump

Nicolai Pedersen

But why would you also do that...? That is so confusing. Not sure the index can support the scenario.

Why not 2 different assortments? Anonymous english assortment and only for special users danish assortment...

What is even the use case...?

Mark Preisler

One of our customers who has some products that are shown in Denmark and other products that are shown in Germany, but then there have some customers who are able log in and buy products in Denmark that will not normally be shown for anonymous user.

By further investigation it sems like it is the macro that doesn’t check what language the context is running. All this assortment below is for anonymous users but is marked in different language, and all of them Is send when querying the index.

Nicolai Pedersen

Thank your for the finding!

I have asked a developer to check out the code.

BR Nicolai

Vladimir Shushunov Dynamicweb Employee
Vladimir Shushunov

Hi Mark,

you are right - there is a bug here. I register a task to fix it: #84281

Best regards,
Vladimir

Martin Vang
Martin Vang

Hi Mark,

Just writing to let you know that I rejected the bug. I see that this is something that we really need to clean up, because the UI clearly seems to indicate that it's possible to do what you did. I want to illustrate the problem with a short example:

Assortment 1 (English) has "includesubgroups" set to true

Assortment 1 (German) has "includesubgroups" set to false

Now build the assortment, and let's examine what happens.

Our Assortment Group Relations table does not contain a language id, so now we really have a problem, because we can only build the assortment once and we cannot build the calculated assortment with both the checkbox set to true and false at the same time. Supporting this will require a complete rewrite of Assortments, which is going to adversely affect existing customers, if we released the change in a hotfix for DW9. So that's not going to happen.

I'm very sorry that you had to experience this problem, and I've made a note of having to clean up the UI on DW9 such that it's actually clear that the translations are only meant for the Name. I'll also add a task for looking at Assortments during our DW10 work.

Feature 84422: Cleanup assortment UI to make it possible to understand that only Name and Number can be translated

I can see that Nicolai already gave you an alternative, and I think you should try to solve your problem in that way. Please let me know if you encounter a problem with his described workarround.

Best regards

Martin 

You must be logged in to post in the forum