Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features »  json feed for mini cart and Checkout page empty on DW Cloud hosted solution

json feed for mini cart and Checkout page empty on DW Cloud hosted solution

John

Hi, we have been having a problem with a site that was set up on DW cloud hosting platform for many weeks now. Having contacted support many times and not getting any usable solution i will try here!! The site was set up by DW using the rapido..latest template and DW9 aplication..latest. We have never been able to see or get the products to show in the mini cart or checkout pages. The products can be added to the cart and you can see there are items in it(item counter) but  when its expanded its empty, The checkout page is also just an empty template. The problem seems to be that the json feed is empty, both minicartfeed and CartorderlinesFeed have no data. No errors are shown and I have checked all the settings and it seems ok(as per documentation). Navigation tags ect are set up as per documentation and correct content type ect on the pages. Orders are seen in the ecommerce moduel as would be expected. Indexes are ok and everything  else seems to be working ok. What are we missing? Why is the  jsonfeed not working? and why is it proving so hard to get any help regarding this? We where told by support staff to upgrade the solution that we where provided with! Which we did but that did not fix the problem either. We have never encountered this problem before and I have tried just about everything that I can think of to solve it! Any help would be apreciated from any one whom has seen this issue before or can think of some setting that I could of missed. Also if you try and view any of the Feeds from the admin UI they are all empty. So obviously something is wrong. Somwhere? but where! As this is a cloud solution  hosted  by DW we do not have full acces to the sever so we are limited to what we can do! which makes the situation alitle more interesting:) Thanks inadvance for any feedback!

1.png

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi John

Just talked to support about this - they will contact you. The problem is that you had set up permissions for the feed node (or someone had) in the backend - and removed read permissions for all users in the newsletter group. I have removed all permissions from the Feeds node, and the data is now back.

Jonathan Pascoe

Hi Nicolai, Thanks for the fast reply. It seems strange that this was causing the problem or rather that it was set up this way from the start. As far as i am aware no one has changed those settings. But i cant be 100% sure  as there are various people involved in the project. The main thing is it is now resolved. I do feel that this could have been handled a little better from the support side though, as there has been many hours waisted on this over quite a long time period. Thanks again for the fast solution:)

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Jonathan

It is always like thate - no one has made the change, but yet they are there... smiley

And yes, we could have found the solution faster - sorry about that.

Glad we got it running.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum