Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Visual Studio project template for Dynamicweb 9

Visual Studio project template for Dynamicweb 9

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

Can you provide a template for a new Visual Studio project for Dynamicweb 9? The vsix extensions seem to contain item templates only but it would be great to have a template for a new custom solution as well.

Thanks!

Imar

Replies

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

+1

Kevin Steffer
Kevin Steffer

+1

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

Can anyone from Dynamicweb tell when the Visual Studio templates will be available?

Nicolai Pedersen

They can be found in the Download section in a zip file with a vsix for Visual Studio inside.

It just does not contain a project template. Yet. It is on the way...

BR Nicolai

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Nicolai

Sorry, for my inprecise question. What I ment was: when will the DW9 Visual Studio project template be available? And I get you.... it will be available soon :-)

Mikkel Toustrup Olsen

Is the Custom Solution (Like Custom Modules in DW8) project available for  DW9 in Visual Studio 2015? - Can't seem to find anything but Observers etc.

BR Mikkel

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Mikkel

We still do not have the project in the VSX yet.

But you can follow this guide http://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-8/how-tos/install-setup/setting-up-dynamicweb-with-asp-net-mvc,

It is for DW8 - but it is the same for DW9 except you will have to skip the part with Default.aspx which is no longer used in Dynamicweb 9.

I will make sure we get it out in the VSX asap.

Do you have any special whishes for such a solution - except the basic setup of the project?

BR Nicolai

Mikkel Toustrup Olsen

For our part, we have used the CustomModules as a "base" structure for our dw visual studio setup. So basically just need somewhat the same which we can use as a base for dw9 - if the link regarding mvc is viable, I guess we could go with that? 

BR Mikkel

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Mikkel

Attached a project setup for Dynamicweb. Just need to relocate the reference paths to you local Dynamicweb 9 assemblies.

BR Nicolai

Mikkel Toustrup Olsen

Thanks a ton Nicolai!

BR Mikkel

Jan Sangill

Hi Nicolai,

Tried this one, since I couldnt find the template for DW9 yet.
However, I get an error:

"Der findes allerede en rute med navnet 'AuthLogin' i rutesamlingen. Rutenavne skal være entydige.
Parameternavn: name"

Tried setting it up two times, same thing. Using DW 9.2.8 for testing.
Wondering if this still work - or if I am setting it up wrong somehow:>

//jan

Nicolai Pedersen

Kien Tran

Hi Nicolai,

I have downloaded the source code from your link above. (DynamicwebProject.zip)

I got an error of unable to find 'Dynamicweb.Extensibility, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'  when trying to run the project template under visual studio 2017. 

Could you advise me with a solution to work around this issue? Thank in advance.

Screenshot_1.png

You must be logged in to post in the forum