Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » VAT Groups not working after upgrade

VAT Groups not working after upgrade

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Guys,

I have recently upgraded a solution from the latest 8.9 to 9.3.9.

In 8.9 we had a few VAT groups defined, that were assigned to different products.

After the upgrade, although all definitions and allocations have been preserved, the VAT Groups are ignored when calculating prices in cart.

If I use system VAT, it works. But in our case we need to use different VAT rates for different product type.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Is there any new setting that I should check in order to activate VAT groups?

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Adrian Ursu

A short update.

I tried to replicate this functionality of different VAT Groups in Rapido but I did not succeed.

I believe for some reason, the cart does not see the country or any copuntry for that matter.

I tried the Ecom Settings in Area, Language, Played with all options for VAT calculation available in the Cart module.

Also played with the Shipping and Payment form but I had no luck.

It would be useful to understand if I am doing something wrong or it is a bug.

Thank you,
Adrian

Adrian Ursu

I have managed to make a screen dump of the templateTags relevant for VAT (in cart).

You will notice that the information for last added product displays correctly the VAT while the information for order and orderlines does not.

I am beginning to suspect a bug that prevents detection fo country code in cart.

In my above example, I have added to cart as a registred user and the user has a country allocated to Biling country on user Profile.
Also, on the solution there is only one country defined.

Looking forward to any suggestions.

Thank you,
Adrian

vat_groups.png

Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Anybody can give me an opinion about this issue?

I am pretty stuck with my project upgrade because of this.

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

I've asked QA to take a look at this.

I would check your selected country on the website settings. The cart will use that for vat groups until the customer country changes in the cart. If a user is logged in, that user can also set the context country...

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you for the reply.

Country is set everywhere. Actually, we only have one country defined.

It is set in EcomSettings in Area, On User Country Billing addres in the VAT groups.

If you want to take a look, here is the solution:

http://rtcdw9.dotfusion.ro/

I have tried all combinations of checkboxes I could think of. I have already spent a lot of hours before posting this.

I am still not sure if I miss a new setting or if it is a bug.

The solution worked before the upgrade, using the same settings.

Thank you,

Adrian

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Adrian,

I've repriduced the issue on my test environment based on DW9.3.1-9.3.10 (when VAT group is default or defined via VAT group martix in product edit form) but It's OK on DW9.3.11 and up, so the best solution is to upgrade your site with an valid version.

BR, Oleg QA 

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for the update.

Unfortunately I just posted another bug last night, related to Queries in 9.3.11. Which means 9.3.11 is not a good canditate either.

Invalid characters in Query Name 

Maybe 9.3.12 is more stable?

Thanks,

Adrian

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Adrian,

The issue is not reproduced on DW9.3.12 as well, so you can use the version surely. You always can move to an older admin if any issue will be but I hope it won't in fact.

BR, Oleg QA   

Adrian Ursu

Thank you Oleg.

I will try 9.3.12

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum