Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Too many redirects

Too many redirects

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

I think this has come up already in a different form, but we ran into another situation with too many redirects. A customer reports that after upgrading to 9, they are having problems with links when there are more than 8 search filters on the link. For example, the following link:

/Default.aspx?ID=13&sortby=CustomField_ReleaseDate&SortOrder=DESC&listview=&Category=Choral&SubCategory=Church&ProdType=Sac+Anthem&Voicing=11&Voicing=4&Voicing=1&Voicing=231&Voicing=13&Voicing=287&Voicing=12&Voicing=14&Thematic+Focus=G&Series=134&Series=1018&Brand=LPC&source=banner

gives an error message about “Too many redirects” and will not load. I can work around this by rewriting the link to a friendly name:

/FriendlyName.aspx?sortby=CustomField_ReleaseDate&SortOrder=DESC&listview=&Category=Choral&SubCategory=Church&ProdType=Sac+Anthem&Voicing=11&Voicing=4&Voicing=1&Voicing=231&Voicing=13&Voicing=287&Voicing=12&Voicing=14&Thematic+Focus=G&Series=134&Series=1018&Brand=LPC&source=banner

It also seems to work when the various fields are collapsed into one:

/Default.aspx?ID=13&sortby=CustomField_ReleaseDate&SortOrder=DESC&listview=&Category=Choral&SubCategory=Church&ProdType=Sac+Anthem&Voicing=11,4,1,231,13,287,12,14&Thematic+Focus=G&Series=134&Series=1018&Brand=LPC&source=banner

Bug? Anything we can do to work around it other than then the abover alternatives?

Thanks!

Replies

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

Anybody have any ideas? 
From what I can read online it's something that can be fixed server side. Could this be part of url rewriting that got missed/removed when developing DW9?

BR,

Nuno Aguiar

You must be logged in to post in the forum