Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Root links are redirected to homepage after Upgrade to 9.13.x

Root links are redirected to homepage after Upgrade to 9.13.x

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a solution that I have upgraded from 9.9.8 to 9.13.6.

After the upgrade, I have noticed that all links that are rendered in the root, are displaying the Homepage although the link in the browser URL is changed:

Has anybody else noticed something similar?

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Adrian Ursu

Anybody?

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi Adrian,

Which design are you using for the particular page (I see the Designs folder contains multiple)? A navigation path to find the page would be great, too.

BR
Snedker

Adrian Ursu

Hi Morten,

Wizaris is the Template folder.

Thank you,
Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi Morten,

Any news?

During my own investigations, I have noticed that the working version (9.9.8) displays "/products" in front of the category links when using the showurlindex=true parameter.

The 9.13.6 version does not show it. And this is unrelated to "include URL in child pages".

I am not sure if it helps and how it can affect the non-virtual links (like /cart).

Thank you and I am looking forward to your findings.

Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi Morten,

I have spent some time investigating it myself and apparently one of our custom DLL's was causing the redirect issue.

Please don't waste more time investigating this issue.

Thank you,

Adrian

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi Adrian,

I'm experiencing the same behaviour, when having a custom controller in an upgraded DW-solution.

When trying to access the page in question, I'm shown the frontpage, but if I use the non-friendly url like /Default.aspx?ID=64, the page is shown correct.

If I setup a new solution in DW 9.13.8 from scratch, the problem does not occur.

I'm using a notificationsubscriber to handle the Controller-part:

if (routeData != null && routeData.RouteHandler.ToString() != "Dynamicweb.Frontend.DynamicwebRouteHandler")
                {
                    myargs.Handled = true;
                }

Could you perhaps give a hint about your solution to the problem?

--
Best regards
Kurt Moskjaer Andersen

Adrian Ursu
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Kurt,

In my case it was a custom development that exposed an API endpoint and apparently it had some conflicts.

I don;t know all the details about the route cause, I just know that my colleague changed the API endpoint from /api/ to /dwapi/{some custom route}/ and it solved it.

If you need more details, I can ask my colleague for more details.

Adrian

Votes for this answer: 1

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi Adrian,

Thank you very much. I will look into it further. No need to involve your colleague :)

Best regards
Kurt

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Just for the record, the reason in my case, was a change of namespace of the DynamicwebRouteHandler.

If using this instead, everything works as it should:

if (routeData != null && routeData.RouteHandler.ToString() != "Dynamicweb.AspNet.Notifications.DynamicwebRouteHandler")

--
Best regards
Kurt

You must be logged in to post in the forum