Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Product detail not working

Product detail not working

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya

Hi guys,

We upgraded an application from 8.9.2.16 to 9.7.4 and lateron to 9.7.5.
It was a bit of an effort, but we seem to have succeeded.

We installed the result on an acceptance environment and downloaded the current production database (compatible with 8.9.2.16) and ran the update scripts to do a dry run for when we want to go live.

Now there is an issue with the Order detail in the CMS.
The updatescripts ran, but the table EcomOrderDebuggingInfo does not have the column OrderDebuggingInfoOrderAutoId
In the update log I cant find anything when serching for 'debug' ...

This column DOES exist in my local database which we updated from 8.9.2.16 to 9.7.4 and lateron to 9.7.5.
Those should be the same script I guess ... how can it be that I'm missing this column and how do I fix this?
I might be missing more updates ...

Thanks in advance

Capture_OrderDebuggingInfoOrderAutoId.PNG

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

It was added in version 2029:

<package version="2029" date="20-02-2017" RunOnce="True">
        <database file="Ecom.mdb">
            <EcomOrderDebuggingInfo>
                <sql conditional="">
                    ALTER TABLE [EcomOrderDebuggingInfo] ADD [OrderDebuggingInfoOrderAutoId] INT
                </sql>
                <sql conditional="">
                    UPDATE od
                    SET od.[OrderDebuggingInfoOrderAutoId] = o.[OrderAutoId]
                    FROM [EcomOrderDebuggingInfo] od 
                    JOIN [EcomOrders] o ON od.[OrderDebuggingInfoOrderId] = o.[OrderId]
                </sql>
                <sql conditional="">
                    CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [DW_IX_OrderDebuggingInfo_OrderAutoId] ON [EcomOrderDebuggingInfo] ([OrderDebuggingInfoOrderAutoId] ASC)  
                </sql>
            </EcomOrderDebuggingInfo>
        </database>
    </package>

Are you not seeing that in the upgrade XML file?

Harald Brouwers

Hello Imar,

We checked and found the code in our ecom.xml.aspx file.

We were in the assuption that clicking the "rerun updates" button in the Admin and/or lowering the value in the UpdateVersion_ecom.xml would trigger this update.

But that is not the case, after re-running the update we still get the error:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'OrderDebuggingInfoOrderAutoID'.]

The update log also does not contain a "OrderDebuggingInfoOrderAutoID" reference.

Greetings Peter and Harald

Imar Spaanjaars

Did you set the number in the U for ecommerce to a value less than 2029? Or even better: as low as your latest version from before the upgrade? Rerun updates only runs against the numbers set in the U and up. Also if you change the XML directly, I believe you need to recycle the app pool.

Did you try all of the above?

Imar

Peter Leleulya

Yes, we did

Imar Spaanjaars
This post has been marked as an answer

Take a look in your GlobalSettings.aspx. Is the package listed under PerformedOncePackages? If so, you may have to remove it there.

Votes for this answer: 1

Harald Brouwers

Hey Imar,

That solved the problem! Thanks

We were configuring our acceptance environment against a copy of the current production database .

On develop we ran the updates once, which added the  <PerformedOncePackages> to the GlobalSettings.aspx. Because we deployed that file from develop to acceptance, the package(s) were listed and the updates not ran against the fresh copy of the production database.

Greetings.

Imar Spaanjaars

Yep, that explains it. Might be good to review all packages under PerformedOncePackages to make sure you're not missing other updates.

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya

I wasn't able to respond, because my account credentials were gone after changing my profile image :)

Imar, thanks for your help ... I learned something new today: PerformedOncePackages

Imar Spaanjaars

You're welcome!

You must be logged in to post in the forum