Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Owin and Social.Adapters

Owin and Social.Adapters

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi,

I'm working on upgrading a DW 8.8 solution to version 9, but I'm getting the following rather strange error, when navigating to the administration:

The following errors occurred while attempting to load the app.
- The OwinStartup attribute discovered in assembly 'Dynamicweb.Content.Social.Adapters' referencing startup type 'Dynamicweb.Content.Social.Adapters.ExternalAuthentication.OwinStartup' conflicts with the attribute in assembly 'Dynamicweb.Content.Social.Adapters.ExternalAuthentication' referencing startup type 'Dynamicweb.Content.Social.Adapters.ExternalAuthentication.OwinStartup' because they have the same FriendlyName ''. Remove or rename one of the attributes, or reference the desired type directly.
To disable OWIN startup discovery, add the appSetting owin:AutomaticAppStartup with a value of "false" in your web.config.
To specify the OWIN startup Assembly, Class, or Method, add the appSetting owin:AppStartup with the fully qualified startup class or configuration method name in your web.config.

I'm currently using DW 9.3.10, before moving further up the ladder to the latest version.

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

--
Best regards
Kurt Moskjaer Andersen

Replies

Shiwanka Chathuranga Dynamicweb Employee
Shiwanka Chathuranga
This post has been marked as an answer

do you have assembly Dynamicweb.Content.Social.Adapters ?  

i dnt think it should be in there,  try to remove that and see

Votes for this answer: 1

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Yes, I do and the different social adapters too, as they are not supposted to be deleted until version 9.6

Shiwanka Chathuranga Dynamicweb Employee
Shiwanka Chathuranga

nope, i dnt think you need

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Thanks Shiwanka. I've deleted it now and everything seems to be working still :)

/Kurt

You must be logged in to post in the forum