Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Order search loses searched results on pagination with form post

Order search loses searched results on pagination with form post

Fabio Monte

Hello

On the order search form, when using pagination the results list go back to normal when the form method is set to post.

Navigating through the order list is fine when using get. 

Shouldn't the pagination keep the results when using post instead?

Here's a screencast to better visualize:

https://www.screencast.com/t/K0Vm9CQX8U 

Replies

Fabio Monte

Forgot to say that this page is using a Query Publisher module.

Karsten Thuen Dynamicweb Employee
Karsten Thuen

Hi Fabio

I just need a little more details:

- What do you mean with going back to normal?

- The Order list search I know use the tag GetString("Ecom:CustomerCenter.Search") for the whole search form. How did you do it?

Best regards

Karsten Thuen

Fabio Monte

Hi Karsten

I meant to say that you can see the complete list of results when you turn to the next page.  For example, you successfully search for March orders but going to page 2 it will display al of the orders.

We had to build a helper with a new form because the customer wanted to have more fields to search for and with that we replaced the tag you mentioned. They wanted to search for the secondary user and we had to use the query publisher to get those.

Olga Shedko Dynamicweb Employee
Olga Shedko

Hello Fabio and Karsten,

I've reproduced this issue and created tfs bug # 79432 for fixing it.

Best regards,

Olga | QA

Karsten Thuen Dynamicweb Employee
Karsten Thuen

Hi Fabio

I have tried to investigate this a little deeper. As far as I understand, the reason for this bug may be that some parameters from the url will be lost when using post.  

It may be possible to solve this in the paging component:  in \Templates\Designs\Rapido\Components\General\Pagination.cshtml

Instead of using a link with href it should be a script which will submit the search form and a correct page number.  

Best regards

Karsten Thuen

You must be logged in to post in the forum