Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » NullReferenceException on user import

NullReferenceException on user import

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya

Hi guys,

I have a 9.12.3. application where I tried to do a user import via CMS > Users > MyGroup (right click) > Import users.

I used the CSV option, set all mappings, saved it.

When I push the RUN button it returns a stack trace page, any idea what can be the issue?
I tried it on both my develop as my acceptance environment, with the same outcome.
(also tried via settings > data integration)

Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Dynamicweb.Admin.DataImportSetMapping.GetStoredJob(String activityConfiguration) +242
   Dynamicweb.Admin.DataImportSetMapping.InitializeJob(Boolean& isNewJob) +41
   Dynamicweb.Admin.DataImportSetMapping.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +346
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +107
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +89
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1532

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Could be a file missing from /Files/Files/Integration/jobs/Personal called TemporaryConfig.xml.

I am not sure, but maybe something DW tries to write to disk - or a file that should be there. Missing write permissions to the folder or just a missing file

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya

TemporaryConfig.xml does not exist in the /Files/Files/Integration/jobs/Personal directory ...
It doesn't exist in any project we've updated ...
Older projects don't even have the Personal directory ...

Can you provide me with the file?

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya

Other project (9.10.11) showing NullRef on import too ... can it be related?
No idea why this breaks and how to solve it ...

You must be logged in to post in the forum