Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Item paragraphlist not working after update to 9.8(.1)

Item paragraphlist not working after update to 9.8(.1)

Hans Kloppenborg

Hi,

After updating our solution to 9.8.0 (and still after update to 9.8.1) trying to view a paragraphlist for an itemtype crashes for us with the following error:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Dynamicweb.Admin.ParagraphList1.GetContainers(Page currentPage) in E:\agent\_work\144\s\01 - Applications\Dynamicweb.Admin\DW98\Dynamicweb.Admin\Admin\Content\ParagraphList.aspx.vb:575
   Dynamicweb.Admin.ParagraphList1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\agent\_work\144\s\01 - Applications\Dynamicweb.Admin\DW98\Dynamicweb.Admin\Admin\Content\ParagraphList.aspx.vb:458
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +107
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +89
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1606

When I look in the debugger I do not see the exception, but I see that there is a query on the new table "GridRow". This table is empty in our case, so I was wondering if this should be filled somehow, and it being empty leads to this error.

The crash occurs when we check the "show subpages" option as soon as we open the page, if we deactivate that checkbox it occurs when we try to navigate to the paragraphs on the page.

Is there some update script we need to run to fix this?

Greets Hans

Replies

Morten Buhl Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Buhl

Hi Hans

I can't reproduce that locally. The GridRow table is supposed to be empty so that's not where the error originates. You can try rerunning the update script, but if that doesn't fix it please provide a url and screencast of your exact steps (mail to support@dynamicweb.dk if you don't want to post it here)

/Morten Buhl, DW

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya

Mail sent to support@dynamicweb.dk

You must be logged in to post in the forum