Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Issue with field types in Rapido

Issue with field types in Rapido

Gheorghe Balan

Hi 

I am trying to extend the standard Product object/table in a Rapido solution with several (approx. 1000) custom fields.

I am lacking the possibility to add a field type with the following set-up:

Name, Value, Unit

Currently I can create something that has a field name and a field value - but the unit needs to be present as well.

It should be possible to index the fields and use some of them as facets - in the sense that the value should be searchable. 

I don't know if I should be able to add the field type in DW under Field types.

I get an error when I try to acces that link: 

Ressourcen blev ikke fundet.

Beskrivelse: HTTP 404. Den ressource, du søger efter, eller en af dens afhængigheder, er muligvis blevet fjernet eller er ikke tilgængelig i øjeblikket. Kontroller, om følgende URL-adresse er stavet korrekt. 

Ønsket URL-adresse: /Admin/module/eCom_Catalog/dw7/Lists/EcomFieldTypes_List.aspx

See attachment.

Br

Gheorghe

fieldTypes.PNG

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Gheorghe,

How did you upgrade? Your solution is clearly missing some files.
Try to download the version you need from "Downloads" section and upgrade your solution using that.

I'm not sure I understand what kind of field you are looking for.
Do you mean that it should be possible to enter both value and unit for that field on a product? How would you present these in a facet if the units are different?
It would help a lot if you provided a more detailed example / use case. 

Best regards,
Morten

Gheorghe Balan

Thanks for the input Morten - I will try to upgrade to the latest version.

I am currently on 9.4.1.3 - that file was not included in the version. I simply downloaded the zip from the doc site.

Well I am a bit in doubt about how to create the facet. 

My challenge is that I have some product attributes that I am importing from an excel sheet.

The attributes are different for every product. 

some of them are simply a name and a value like: {Name: "model number", Value: "xxxxx"}

others have a unit property, too, like : {Name: "Bredde", Value : "230", Unit : "mm"}

I could import the unit name in the same field as the value by concatenating the two strings.

However I am in doubt if I could use the values for facets in that case.

What is the most optimal solution for this use case ?

Br

Gheorghe

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for that. It is not something that we currently support.

/Morten

Nicolai Pedersen

Field types is a feature of 9.5. How you have that node in your solution - i don't understand...

Maybe you upgraded to 9.5 and downgraded again?

Why 9.4.1.3 - and not the latest 9.4 if you are on that branch?

Gheorghe Balan

That is true - I upgraded to 9.5 when it came out -and found some js bugs - so I downgraded again.

Either way I am currently on 9.5.4 - that seems to work fine - including the field types list. 

You must be logged in to post in the forum