Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Invalid characters in Query Name

Invalid characters in Query Name

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have just upgraded to 9.3.11 and all of a sudden I get some weird validation message everytime I try to save my Queries.

Invalid characters in Query name.

See screenshot.

Is this a bug? I have not edited my queries and I had a look at a query added after the upgrade and the  *.query file seems the same. And I get the validation error for new queries as well.

Thanks,
Adrian

invalid_characters.png

Replies

Olga Shedko Dynamicweb Employee
Olga Shedko

Hello Adrian,

No, it's not a bug, it's a new feature we've implemented recently. Was decided to include these ('devil') symbols &,.'%+#"<>|:*?\/ to a blacklist as invalid ones due to errors they produce.

Your query contains invalid '.' symbol, so you are getting validation message. 

Best wishes

Olga | QA

Adrian Ursu
Hi Olga, Thank you for the answer. It seems that you are analyzing the name including the extension of the file. My queries have only letters in their names. Not even spaces. The old one is named Stiri and the one I created from the backend is called Test. No special characters whatsoever. The filenames, however, are Stiri.query and Test.query. Probably that's where you find the special characted. But you probably can see that we cannot control more than the first part from the UI. The system adds automatically .query to any name I add through the UI. Thank you, Adrian

Olga Shedko Dynamicweb Employee
Olga Shedko

Hello Adrian,

Yes, now I see the problem. The system automatically assigns value ".query" to each QueryName, and invalid "." symbol causes validation message on save. I've created TFS Bug 46130. Will be fixed for the next hotfix release.

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Olga | QA

Adrian Ursu

Thank you Olga.

Adrian

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Adrian

The problem regarding #46130 "Repositories: Invalid character '.' breaks Queries" has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.4.2

To upgrade please choose this version from backend or download from here:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum