Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » How do I activate the QueryPubisher?

How do I activate the QueryPubisher?

Peter Leleulya

Hi Folks,

I'm working with a 9.3.2. version at the moment and need a Query Publisher.

Doesn't seem to be selectable under a paragraph "Apps" setting, it isn't in the list.
Can't find the activation option in the CMS anywhere.

But when I set "ModuleAccess" to value "True" for ModuleSystemName "QueryPublisher" in table "Module" and login again in the CMS there still isn't a QueryPublisher available as an App on a paragraph ... I kinda expected it to appear ...

Any thoughts on this?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

What is your license? Also check the hidden column on module table.

Otherwise we need a url to check it out.

Peter Leleulya

Licence config is set to "Silver" staging/test.

Hidden is 0 (it seems to be an integer in sterad of boolean)

See attachments.

Will send you a URL in mail.

QueryPublisher_LicenceConfig.PNG QueryPublisher_ModuleSettings.PNG

Peter Leleulya

It seemed to be a caching issue.
When making changes in the module table just logging off and logging back in again is not sufficient.
An application recycle is needed to see the module changes in the CMS.

Peter Leleulya

Grmbl ... I'm running into this same issue again, now on DW9.6.7

This is a project under construction running on a full test license.

In the CMS under License information it states: License name: Full Trial and the list of functions does have a function with the name QueryPublisher.
In the database Module table the module with the name QueryPublisher has ModuleAccess value 1, ModuleParagraph value 1 and ModuleHiddenMode value 0.
But when selecting the purple app button on a default paragraph, the query publisher is NOT available.

Last time in this thread from 2017 I think I switched license, did some configuration and switched back.
But that's not possible anymore I think.

Is there ANYTHING i can do to be able to use the query publisher?
I've checked some other projects, and I have several on which the query publisher is not available.

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Peter,

I assume that you found a solution since the text in your post has been striked through.

For others who run into this issue:

The QueryPublisher app is currently not enabled by default, but you can enable the app by doing this:

1. Execute SQL: UPDATE [Module] SET ModuleAccess = 1 WHERE ModuleSystemName = 'QueryPublisher'
  2. Recycle application pool

In 9.7 the app will be activated by default and it will be available if it is included in the license.

Best regards,
Morten

Votes for this answer: 1

Peter Leleulya

Hi Morten,

I'm aware of the module table and the caching, see previous posts in this thread.
But if you are convinced of the values being correct, but you are altering the wrong database ... then your changes will never work ...
It was a big facepalm moment ....

But it being activated by default would help too ....

Thanks.

You must be logged in to post in the forum