Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Group Listing on 9.4.11

Group Listing on 9.4.11

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Guys,

After upgrading to 9.4.11 I have tried to set up the Product Catalog to use a different template for Group Listing.

It works fine for displaying Groups but it seems to also be applied to Product Listing causing the rendering of "No products found" template instead.

Also, the UI seems a little broken around "Override default parameters".

Thanks ,
Adrian

Replies

Adrian Ursu
This post has been marked as an answer

Actually, the UI is more than slightly broken.

See attach.

I have cleared my cache.

When you initially set it up, it is slightly broken. After saving and opening again, it looks like the attach.

Thanks,
Adrian

brokenUI.png
Votes for this answer: 1

Nicolai Pedersen

It seems you really need to clean up something on this solution...

Attached find my version of the same screen in 9.4.11

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Yours looks awesome!

I would definite;ly clean up if I would understand what I need to clean.

The entire Admin folder is pretty fresh from 9.4.11.

Could there be anything else messing it up?

Thanks,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Good question.

We need a url to take a look...

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

http://australdev9.dotfusion.ro

Thank you very much,
Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

I have managed to clear my browser cache and now I see the same nice UI.

About the Group Listing, I have setup the follwoing test.

I have created 2 empty templates. One for ProductList and one for GroupList.

In the product catalog module (aperta.ro area in case you want to have a look) I have assigned them both in their corresponding places.

This url: http://aperta.dotfusion.ro/catalog/organizare-arhivare-prezentare is a top level category that only has subcategories. It should show the GroupListing template. And it does

This url: http://aperta.dotfusion.ro/catalog/organizare-arhivare-prezentare/bibliorafturi is a subcategory of the above category and it only has products assigned to it. It should show the ProductListing template. But instead it is showing the GroupListing template.

Is there anything that I am missing? A setting maybe? Something in my Masterpage? Or in the Index?

Thank you,
Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Anything on this subject?

Thanks,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

I've asked QA to take a look at this - if there is a bug or what.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you.
Adrian

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi all,

Adrian,

to render the product list inside of product group you should use 'Product groups' option in 'Settings-Show' of PC. 'Index' source is temporarry cannot be used when GroupID parameter exists in index-query - TFS 50582 will be fixed on further 94 hotfix/95 release. Besides, I see the solution has 'Assortments in frontend' option enabled(Settings-Ecommerce-AC-Assortments), so you will see 'No products found' template rendering until either the feature is set up correctly (and all its conditions applied) or the option is disabled (tested with Urls mentioned above and the option disabled-OK).

BR, Oleg QA   

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

I believe yu are investigating something else. There is another post I added regarding that problem :http://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/dynamicweb-9-0-upgrade-issues/dynamicweb-9-0-upgrade-issues/product-catalog-list-products-based-on-group

This post is related to displaying SUBGROUPS of a Group.

In the old days of DW, Group List template was used for displaying subgroups of the current group.

The logic was:

1. If there are no products attached to the current groupID, PC uses the No product Found Template

2. If the current group has subgroups, it renders the Group List Template

3. If the current group has products, it renders the Product List template

RIght now, If I activate the Group Listing template, it does not render the products. It tries to apply the same template for listing subgroups and product list.

Does it make sense?

And yes, in my example, I am using assortments.

Thank you,

Adrian

Oleg Rodionov

to be honest, I don't remember the old logic you have mentioned. Perhaps, it was done via specific templates and not provided with Rapido template set (I see your solution uses the set). And initially try to check the issues with base templates provided with the set and without assortment enabled (I see the solution has huge quantity of it can be clear to you only) but might be not set up correctly.

BR, Oleg QA 

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

If I am not mistaken, that was the logic ever since we started working with the system back in 2012.

We are not using Rapido nor Wrap in our solution. We are using something local.

But templates have nothing to do with it. Just try with empty templates and render the name of the template just to identify them correctly.

It's the Product Catalog that decides what Template to use.

What I am trying to accomplish is listing subgroups of a Group if the current group has some and the products of the group if the current group has products.. Assuming you have Category1 (GROUP1) and Subcategory1 (GROUP2), Subcategory2 (GROUP3), my expectations are to list Subcategory1 and Subcategory 2 when GroupID =GROUP1 and products from Subcategory 1 when GroupID=GROUP2.

Does it make sense?

Thank you,
Adrian

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I'd like to inform you about TFS 50766 hides 'Groups' check-box and appropriate template (and related rendering) when source - 'Index' in PC paragraph setting. The feature is accessible with 'Product groups' setting only from now, old behavior was bug. It will be provided with next 94 hotfix/95 release. So, pls, keep it in your mind when plans your solution (see Rapido template set as example to get product groups via facets in frontend).

BR, Oleg QA      

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for the heads up.

One question though. How do I implement a page that lists all subgroups of a group?

Right now, the only alternative is to use the "No products found" Template. Kind of an improvisation.

Will you include the Group listing logic in the ProductList template?

Thank you,

Adrian

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I've passed your question to our frontend-developers to comment.

BR, Oleg QA

You must be logged in to post in the forum