Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Error in DW 9.7.1 (PIM module)

Error in DW 9.7.1 (PIM module)

Tomas Gomez

Hi,

I installed a new DW 9.7.1 with Rapido 3.1.1 in a local server (with .net 4.7.2) and got an error when accessing to the product groups of the PIM module (see attached image):

Server Error in '/' Application.
Invalid column name 'Number'.

Does somebody knows where this error comes from?

Regards;
Tomas

invalid_column_name_number.png

Replies

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Tomas,

It's going to be a guess because I can't see the rest of the Stacktrace, but this could be caused by some bad data in the PersonalSettings table for the specific user. So could either try to create a new user, and see if you still get the error, or else you can try to delete all the data in the PersonalSettings table in the database?

Best regards,

Steffen

Votes for this answer: 1

Tomas Gomez

Thanks, Steffen, both methods fixed the error perfectly!

By the way, does the deletion of the PersonalSettings table have any side effect?

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi Tomas,

Good to hear. 

They should be very minimal if any at all. PersonalSettings is used for storing information about which GroupBoxes a user has collapsed, which fields in PIM has been selected in VisibleField and which fields are selected in the lists. So when deleting the data in PersonalSettings everything just get back to default, which mean that you should see the same as a newly created user.

Best regards,

Steffen

Tomas Gomez

Nice to know, it makes me feel better after deleting a dont-know-what (only the API has a little info about the PersonalSettings)

BR Tomás

You must be logged in to post in the forum