Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Dynamicweb.Caching issues when trying to update to DW9

Dynamicweb.Caching issues when trying to update to DW9

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya
He Guys,

I've been asked to update a DW8.5.1.17 application to the latest version ....

It was a customer/project which came to life which we hadn't worked on for some years.
I got it working from our git repository on my system with a DW8.5.1.27 which I had somewhere.

The upgrade to DW9 manual told me to upgrade to DW8.8.1.12 or later before updating to a 9 version.
I updated to the DW8.9.2.23 version which is downloadable in the download section.
I had to add some Owin assembly bindings, but I got it to work.

I pushed the prepare database button in the systems section of the cms.
Now I thought to be ready to upgrade to a DW9 version.

I removed the virtual directory Admin in the IIS and existing references.
I opened te nuget package manger console.
Selected Dynamicweb.Admin version DW9.5.8 for my application project and clicked on the install button.
I'm in the assumption that the package references will handle all nesseccary packages to be added and installed.

I get this error (which mentions DW9.8.0):

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Unable to find a version of 'Dynamicweb.Caching' that is compatible with 'Dynamicweb 9.8.0 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 2.2.1)', 'Dynamicweb.Admin 9.5.8 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 2.1.0)', 'Dynamicweb.Analytics 2.1.3 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 2.1.0)', 'Dynamicweb.DataIntegration 3.0.3 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.6-Alpha)', 'Dynamicweb.DataIntegration.Adapters.ConcatanateAdapter 0.2.0 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 1.1.0)', 'Dynamicweb.DataIntegration.Adapters.VariantOptionsAdapter 0.2.0 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 1.1.0)', 'Dynamicweb.DataIntegration.Providers.ItemProvider 3.0.2 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.5)', 'Dynamicweb.DataProcessing 2.0.2 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.4)', 'Dynamicweb.Deployment 3.0.3 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.6-Alpha)', 'Dynamicweb.Deployment.DataItemProviders 3.0.0 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.5)', 'Dynamicweb.Ecommerce 1.10.0 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.4)', 'Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.CheckoutHandlers.QuickPay3 3.0.0 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.5)', 'Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.CheckoutHandlers.QuickPayPaymentWindow 3.0.0 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.5)', 'Dynamicweb.EmailMarketing 3.0.0 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.4)', 'Dynamicweb.LoadBalancing 4.0.1 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.4)', 'Dynamicweb.Rapido 6.33.1 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 1.2.1)', 'Dynamicweb.SmartSearch 2.0.2 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.5)', 'Dynamicweb.SmartSearch.Providers.User 3.0.0 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.5)', 'Dynamicweb.Tracking 2.0.0 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.5)', 'Dynamicweb.UserManagement 3.0.0 constraint: Dynamicweb.Caching (>= 3.0.4)'.

I've tried the versions 9.5.6, 9.6.0, 9.8.0, 9.3.14 (lowest on nuget) and they all respond with the same error.
Is there an issue with the caching DLL?

What am I doing wrong here?

And is this the correct way to upgrade?
I usually only have to make small steps in upgrades ....
I'm not sure if i can go directly from 8.9.2.23 to 9.12.3 or if I have to make extra steps ...

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

I would just download the latest 9.12 version in zip and attach the solution to that. 

I think you have to remove all packages and start over with those.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum