Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Conflict between News-app and Extranet signup

Conflict between News-app and Extranet signup

Martin Christensen

Hey,

it seems like upgrading to DW9 has introduced a conflict between the news-app and the extranet-app. Particularly, if an end user is on a page where a news-item is being displayed, the extranet-app - if present on the same page and configured for profile creation - will return an error:

An error occurred while attaching module (Dynamicweb.Frontend.Content)

System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.
at System.Boolean.Parse(String value)
at Dynamicweb.UserManagement.Frontend.Frontend.SaveForm(ParagraphSettings settings)
at Dynamicweb.UserManagement.Frontend.Frontend.GetContent()
at Dynamicweb.Frontend.Content.GetModuleOutput(P

I reported this to the support desk and it apparently has to do with both apps using the "Action" url-parameter.

A lot of our clients have newsletter signups present on every page (ie. in the footer or in a popup), so this is a relatively big issue. There are workarounds, like using the Forms for Editors app to make a signup form, but this has a lot of limitations (multiple forms for localization, inability to have optional user groups) and it requires a lot of time to make this switch across many solutions.

I think this should be classified as a bug. Other opinions are welcome :)

BR Martin

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Martin

It should work if you use the PID in the news list. Attached a quick setup on 'my machine' using newsv2 and forms for editors, and it works nicely... Except the layout :-).

So what version are you on?

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

Martin Christensen

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

I tried that and it's the same error. The solution I'm testing this on is running 9.3.6

Skærmbillede_2017-11-09_kl._15.54.41.png

Nicolai Pedersen

Need a URL to get on with this one...

Nicolai Pedersen

It has now been reproduced. Bug fix TFS#41922 coming in Dynamicweb.UserManagement 1.2.16

BR Nicolai

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Martin

The problem TFS#41922 "Usermanagement exception with PID in the querystring" has been fixed in Package "Dynamicweb.UserManagement" version 1.2.17

You are able to find this update in the backend Package update section.

Also the correction are part of the 9.3.7 release 

You are able to find this build in the download section:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Please contact Dynamicweb Support if you need any additional help regarding this.

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum