Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Can't select product in product catalogue when name has quotation marks (9.6.11)

Can't select product in product catalogue when name has quotation marks (9.6.11)

Fabio Monte

Hello all

When adding a specific product in the Product catalogue (choosing the Product option) , if the product has quotation marks in the name, it breaks the Javascript as you can see from the screen dump.

I didn't see this in the bug fixes list so i'm reporting this here.

bugProductName.PNG ProductCatalogue.PNG

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Fabio

Looks bad indecision - sent to QA for verification and fixing.

Please remember to specify which version of DW you have experienced a problem, thanks!

BR Nicolai

Fabio Monte

Hi Nicolai

Thanks. I did wrote the version in the title wink

Nicolai Pedersen

Got me there!! wink

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Fabio,

I was not able to catch the bug on last DW96 (9.6.15) as well as on last DW97 (9.7.3), used browser - last Google Chrome. Please, have a look at the proof and comment if my scenario does not follow yours. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

Fabio Monte

Hi Oleg

Thanks for the example.

This only happens if a product has double quotation marks, the product you used as an example has single quotation marks and that wont break the javascript.

Try again with one product with double quotation marks (sorry, i should have been more specific here)

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

Tested with product has double quotation as you has described on DW9.6.15- no issue caught anyway. Try to clear cache of your browser firstly, please.

BR, Oleg QA

Fabio Monte

Hi Oleg

I don't think clearing the cache helps. If, in the last example you showed that product had double quotation marks in the middle of its name, then that's when it breaks i.e: "1'17" Daka Replacement", Javascript will think the string ends in the 17.

Fabio Monte

Any feedback regarding this?

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I was not able to reproduce the issue with product has "1'17" Daka Replacement" in name as you have written - proof. Tested DW version  - 9.6.15 with last Chrome.

BR, Oleg QA

Fabio Monte

Hi Oleg

Maybe try without double quotation marks in the start and end of the product name like this: 1'17" Daka Replacement

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I cannot catch the issue anyway.

BR, Oleg QA

Fabio Monte

Hi Oleg

Can you check this screencast and see if it helps?

Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Fabio,

I was able to reproduce the issue in line with your scenario, the same results are on selecting in list output via 'View more' or on searching inside the list. New TFS 71909 has been submitted against the bug, will be fixed in upcoming release. Thanks for observing.

BR, Oleg QA

Votes for this answer: 1

Fabio Monte

Hi Oleg

That's good to know you found it and that it will be fixed.

Best regards

Fabio

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Fabio

The problem regarding #71909 " select specific product form list output via search" has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.7.4

To upgrade please choose this version from download here:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum