Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Can't delete page from admin

Can't delete page from admin

Andreas Pettersson

Hi,

Every time I try to delete a page from admin i get this error. It looks like it has disapper in menu but if i restart app pool it comes back and i still can see it in the Page table in the database. 
How can i remove the page? 

What happens if i delete the page in database directly and som paragraphs are connected to that page?

Using 9.10.1

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Andreas

"The wait operation timed out" can mean a lot of things. According to SQL docs, i.e. these:

1. Transient network problem
  2. High SQL server load
  3. Problem with SAN, RAID, or storage device
  4. Deadlock or other form of multiprocess contention

It can also be a slow SQL statement - but this one is rather simple, so I hope that is not the issue!

Does the page you try to delete have a lot of subpages?

Dynamicweb operates with a default timeout of 30 seconds on commands like this.

You can increase that in globalsettings on this path:

/GlobalSettings/System/Database/CommandTimeout

You can set it to a value between 30-240. Try setting it to 90 and see if that helps you on this one.

BR Nicolai

Andreas Pettersson

Hi, 

The one i tried to delete is a subpage. I try to delete testpage in this case.

It did not work to increase to 90. The error message happens instantly on "Delete". Maybe like 0,5 seconds then the error message comes up. So it's not like it loading for 30 s then error.
It is both on my local and also the production environment.

Regards
Andreas

Nicolai Pedersen

ok - that indicates that something is broken on the SQL table or connection to the database.

Can you delete other objects like paragraphs on that page?

Try rebuilding the indexes on the page table in sql server management studio.

Andreas Pettersson

I can delete the paragraph on that page. It removes from database table paragraph also.

I tried to rebuild the indexes on the page table and then delete the page but still the same problem.. And still is in database.

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Andreas

Weird issue. I am affraid I cannot do that much about it. Looks like some kind of db issue. It can be the table, it can be the record. You have to remove the record directly on the database.

Can you create a new page and then delete that?

Andreas Pettersson

yes, it is really weird.
I tried add a new page without anything in it then directly delete it but its the same problem.

You must be logged in to post in the forum