Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Can't create a new language

Can't create a new language

Mikkel Belchuke
Mikkel Belchuke

Whenever we try to create a new website, we get the following error: https://www.screencast.com/t/x5P2wBsQdGM 

Dynamicweb Version: 9.6.6

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Replies

Olga Shedko Dynamicweb Employee
Olga Shedko

Hello Mikkel,

It's really weird that the Area ID is 0 according to the error (so the area is not creating at all). There could be different reasons for that, and we need more information. Would you please record a video with all steps you are doing with opened developer console.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Olga | QA

Olga Shedko

Hi Mikkel,

Finally reproduced this issue. Created new TFS #66387 for fixing it. Will be ready to the next hotfix release.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Olga

Vladimir Shushunov Dynamicweb Employee
Vladimir Shushunov

Hi Mikkel,
The problem appears due to an unexpected error during area copying
Could you please send error log after language creating from Monitoring area: Event viewer

Best regard,
Vladimir

Olga Shedko
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Mikkel,

Within TFS #66387 we fixed only this part - now when there is a problem due to some unexpected errors while copying - we are showing the message below the loader (pls see the attachment).

But for solving your particular error we should create a new task when you provide error log from your Monitoring area: Event viewer (pls seeVladimir's comment above).

Thank you.

Best regards,

Olga

Error_message.png
Votes for this answer: 1

Mikkel Belchuke
Mikkel Belchuke

After upgrading a got a new error message, saying I was missing something in the database. 

I saw that "AreaColorSwatch" table was missing, so when I added that, the languages could be created again.

This is now resolved. 

You must be logged in to post in the forum