Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Adding catalog as paragraph app results into XmlException

Adding catalog as paragraph app results into XmlException

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya

Hi guys ...
I just upgraded a solution to the newest (9.13.8) admin because of errors when adding custom product field to my 9.12.4 admin solution.
It helped, no problems there anymore.

But now I cant add a Product catalog app anymore.
The old ecom and new model view apps both give me an XML error and I can't figure out what the problem is using diagnostics tools etc.

Can you help me?

Adding a cart or customer center app to a paragraph does work, both product lists don't ...

Replies

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya

Hmmz I've opened another branch with my Full Trial version 9.12.11 admin and there the same problem occurs ....
Maybe not an upgrade issue after all?

Can it be that my license change to full trial has anything to do with it?
The existing website has an all in one marketing license.

On development I tried to set it to web and ecommerce, but then I had 0 shops ... so i set it to full trial for development of upcoming functionalities for which a license change has to be done in the future.  

No idea what XML it is referring to ...

Nicolai Pedersen

On the paragraph there is a paragraphmodulesettings column that contains the settings of the catalog app instance on this paragrah.

Somehow the data in that XML document is broken. So either delete the paragraph or fix the XML in the database.

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya

Hi Nicolai, 

But it happens on any paragraph ...
Add new page --> ​Add new paragraph --> Add App --> Error

ParagraphModuleSettings column for this paragraph is emtpy (not NULL)

Nicolai Pedersen

Ah - sorry for misunderstanding.

Can you share a dump of your list of queries? Seems like something in one of those queries (name, parameter or something else) has invalid something in it...

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya

When clicking APP --> ProductCatalogForViewModel we see this happening in sql profiler

exec sp_executesql N'SELECT TOP 1 * FROM [VersionData] WHERE ( [VersionData].[VersionDataType] = @p0 ) AND ( [VersionData].[VersionDataTypeId] = @p1 ) AND ( [VersionData].[VersionDataPublished] = @p2 ) ORDER BY [VersionData].[VersionDataEdit] DESC',N'@p0 nvarchar(9),@p1 int,@p2 bit',@p0=N'Paragraph',@p1=47201,@p2=0

exec sp_executesql N'SELECT [PersonalSettingsData] FROM [PersonalSettings] WHERE [PersonalSettingsUserID] = @p0 AND [PersonalSettingsPagePath] = @p1 AND [PersonalSettingsControlID] = @p2',N'@p0 int,@p1 nvarchar(33),@p2 nvarchar(8)',@p0=2,@p1=N'/Admin/Content/ParagraphList.aspx',@p2=N'myribbon'

exec sp_executesql N'SELECT [PersonalSettingsData] FROM [PersonalSettings] WHERE [PersonalSettingsUserID] = @p0 AND [PersonalSettingsPagePath] = @p1 AND [PersonalSettingsControlID] = @p2',N'@p0 int,@p1 nvarchar(33),@p2 nvarchar(8)',@p0=2,@p1=N'/Admin/Content/ParagraphList.aspx',@p2=N'myribbon'

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya

Nicolai, did you mean the .query files on the index or diagnostics queries? Or something else?

I have overwritten all my local .query files with the ones from the acceptance environment and it did not help.

Nicolai Pedersen

The .query files in repositories - seems like a problem loading those.

You must be logged in to post in the forum