Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Access_Logoff.aspx when attempting to access upgraded dw9 solution backend

Access_Logoff.aspx when attempting to access upgraded dw9 solution backend

Thomas Berthelsen

Hi

We're having some issues upgrading one of our biggest dw solutions, after the database is updated to 9.1.6 & the webconfig and files have been updated according to the new bin files, we're getting this error and it seems very hard exactly to determine what causes it. Any way of troubleshooting errors like this in DW?

We're getting this error when attempting to access the backend ( see picture ).

Thomas

Capture.PNG

Replies

Jeppe Eriksson Agger Dynamicweb Employee
Jeppe Eriksson Agger

Hi Thomas,

Upgrading to 9.1.6 is not recommended as this version is extremely old (January 2017). You should consider moving to 9.7.x or at least 9.6.x.

This issue, however, looks like it's related to a browser cache not being cleared. Try clearing you browser cache.

- Jeppe

Thomas Berthelsen

Hi Jeppe.

Thanks for quick respons, caching is not the issue here (super strange) :(.

Our understanding was that it would be better to upgrade to an older dw9 ( from newest dw8 ) and then upgrade to one of the newer versions of dw9.

Would it be recommended just to go straight from newest dw8 to newest dw9?

Thomas

Jeppe Eriksson Agger Dynamicweb Employee
Jeppe Eriksson Agger

If I were running the newest DW8 and needed to upgrade to DW9, I'd go straight to the newest DW9 that I felt comfortable with, 9.7.4 in this case.

Do you have a custom GlobalAsax in your project? Have all your custom assemblies been upgraded to be compatible with DW9? Does it work on a standard installation without any custom code?

- Jeppe

You must be logged in to post in the forum