Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » 9.13.2 to 9.13.11 Upgrade - Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20 Errors

9.13.2 to 9.13.11 Upgrade - Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20 Errors

John Perez

Hi Team,

I upgraded a site from 9.13.2 to 9.13.11, and now the site throws FileNotFoundException errors for Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20.dll on any product page. I enabled Assembly binding logging/Fusion Logging, and the log explained the error a little bit more. The full error log can be seen below:

An error occurred while attaching module (Dynamicweb.Frontend.Content)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20, Version=21.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20, Version=21.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.TaxProviders.AvalaraTaxProvider.AvalaraTaxProvider.AddTaxesToProducts(IEnumerable`1 products)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Products.Taxes.TaxService.AddTaxesToProducts(IEnumerable`1 products, String countryCode, String regionCode)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Frontend.ListProducts(ProductCollection products, String groupsIdent, Boolean hasBeenSorted)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Frontend.GetProductsFromIndexQuery(ProductCatalogShowType settingsType)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Frontend.EcomRender()
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Frontend.GetContent()
   at Dynamicweb.Frontend.Content.GetModuleOutput(Paragraph paragraph, PageView pageview)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20, Version=21.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
 (Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///f:/Domains/Sites/dev-thecount.dw-demo.com/Application/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = f:\Domains\Sites\dev-thecount.dw-demo.com\Application\bin
Calling assembly : Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.TaxProviders.AvalaraTaxProvider, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: f:\Domains\Sites\dev-thecount.dw-demo.com\Application\web.config
LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/bab2d06d/5e866559/Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/bab2d06d/5e866559/Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20/Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///f:/Domains/Sites/dev-thecount.dw-demo.com/Application/bin/Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///f:/Domains/Sites/dev-thecount.dw-demo.com/Application/bin/Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20/Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/bab2d06d/5e866559/Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/bab2d06d/5e866559/Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20/Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///f:/Domains/Sites/dev-thecount.dw-demo.com/Application/bin/Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///f:/Domains/Sites/dev-thecount.dw-demo.com/Application/bin/Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20/Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20.EXE.

Based on the error above, Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.TaxProviders.AvalaraTaxProvider.dll is calling Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20.dll but that file isn't found. I don't see Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20 in the site's bin folder, in the 9.13.11 bin folder, or in any previous version's bin folders.

This site was working without issue on 9.13.2, and only started having this problem when I upgraded to 9.13.11. We do still have another version of the site on 9.13.2 for comparison. That site is devupgrade-boca.mydwsite1.com.

Can someone look into a fix for this, or point me in a direction to fix it?

To get the site working for now, I disabled the Avalara tax provider on the backend in Settings->Ecommerce->Product catalog->Taxes->Avalara tax provider.

Thanks,

John

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,

Yup, I see appropriate dll does not exist basicaly in 'Bin' folder of admin (even in last 9.14.0) although references seem to have been updated. I've created task 8884 to fix the issue. As workaround you can donwload package via the link , unpack it (e.g. 7-Zip), navigate to Lib\Netstandard20 inside it, find Avalara.AvaTax.netstandard20.dll and port it to your solution admin's Bin folder. 

BR, Oleg QA 

Votes for this answer: 1

John Perez

Thank you, Oleg! That DLL did the trick for us. I appreciate you being able to provide it to us so quickly and easily. I'll keep an eye out for it in future releases, but good to know it's on the radar and we have a workaround.

Thanks,

John

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi John
The Avalara bug #8884 is part of the 9.13.13 and 9.14.1 release
Get this from the download section https://doc.dynamicweb.dk/downloads/dynamicweb-9

Kind Regards
Care Support
Kristian Kirkholt

John Perez

Hi Kristian,

Thank you for the update! Good to know that the DLL is included in this version and will be in future versions if/when needed. It gives peace of mind when performing upgrades.

Thanks,

John

You must be logged in to post in the forum