Developer forum

Forum » Development » Unable to access a product in DW administration on DW 9.13.3 and Dynamicweb.Ecommerce 1.13.26

Unable to access a product in DW administration on DW 9.13.3 and Dynamicweb.Ecommerce 1.13.26

Mikkel Hammer
Mikkel Hammer

Hi DW,

After upgrading to the lastest DW (9.13.3) and Dynamicweb.Ecommerce (1.13.26), we're unable to access a product in the DW administration.
We're getting this error:

how to reproduce:
Go to Ecommerce -> Under Product catalog, select All products -> then select any product

Hope you can help us out

Best regards,
Mikkel

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Looks like your Bin folder still has old Dynamicweb DLLs. Make sure you copy over everything from the download into your target application. If this is a custom project, make sure it doesn't reference any old Dynamicweb DLLs.

Hope this helps,

Imar

Mikkel Hammer
Mikkel Hammer

Hi Imar,

I found out i forgot to set Dependency behavior to lowest instead of ignore in Visual studio when upgrading the nuget.
So i downgraded Dynamicweb.Ecommerce back down to 1.13.22 which is the version that came with my DW 9.13.3 upgrade, and then it was working fine again in the administation.

I then set Dependency behavior to lowest and upgraded to 1.13.26 again.
But that unfortunately didn't help with the error, so im thinking something got changed around in the newer version.

I also tried deleting the Bin folder and rebuilding with no luck.

Best regard,
Mikkel

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Did you update the main Dynamicweb.Admin package? That should bring in all its dependencies. Then if you have other (custom) projects in the same solution, you should check the NuGet Consolidate tab in the package manager to ensure all your project dependencies are upgraded to the same version as the main Admin application uses.

Cheers,

Imar

Mikkel Hammer
Mikkel Hammer

Hi Imar,

Yes i upgraded the main Dynamicweb.Admin package by running "Install-Package Dynamicweb.Admin -Version 9.13.3 –IncludePrerelease" in package manager console and setting the Default project to Application.
I then updated all the other projects dependencies through the Consolidate tab as you mentioned.

The problem starts to occur when we upgrade Dynamicweb.Ecommerce from 1.13.22 (came with Dynamicweb.Admin 9.13.3 upgrade) to 1.13.26 (lastest released nuget), and run the Consolidate process again.

Best regards,
Mikkel

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi Mikkel,

It seems we have a bug here. I get the same exception when applying Ecommerce.dll 1.13.26 to a default 9.13.3 application.   I will follow up on this, and get back to you.

BR
Snedker

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker
This post has been marked as an answer

There will be a 1.13.27 tomorrow where the problem is solved. The problem is in 1.13.25/26

Sorry for the inconvenience.

BR
Snedker

Votes for this answer: 1

Mikkel Hammer
Mikkel Hammer

Hi Morten,

Thanks for confirming the bug and getting a fix ready so soon, much appreciated!

Best regards,
Mikkel

You must be logged in to post in the forum