Developer forum

Forum » Development » Smart Search issue

Smart Search issue

Sean Meade Dynamicweb Employee
Sean Meade

Hi, guys

A customer has a question about Smart Searches, specifically Has not ordered last 30/60/90 days.

They noticed a customer (let's say D) appears only in the 30 day smart search, and not the 60 or 90 day smart search. But that customer has not ordered in over 90 days, so we think it should show in all 3 smart searches.

I checked the settings in the Smart Searches and they are simply 'Last Order Date is before' [30/60/90] days. 

Do you know of any reason why Customer D would not show in all three searches if they have in fact placed orders within those time frames or how to best address this? Is there anything else you need from me?

Replies

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi Sean,

I can see that the SmartSearch is using the 'AccessUserLastOrderDate' on the AccessUser table. Could you try to see if that one contains the same date as you would expect?

Best regards,

Steffen

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson
This post has been marked as an answer

The "Last order date" option is probably a bit misleading. It looks at a value stored on the user which contains the date for the latest created cart - not a completed order.
This value is only updated when you are creating carts through a regular page with a shopping cart - not when using the web api.

You might want to use "Order date" instead. That one looks at the order date for completed orders and it works in all scenarios.
Alternatively, you can use the "Product bought timestamp". That one looks at the order completed date and it also works in all scenarios.

"Last order date": [AccessUser].[AccessUserLastOrderDate] = ???
"Order date": [EcomOrders].[OrderDate] = ???, [EcomOrders].[OrderComplete] = 1
"Product bought timestamp":  [EcomOrders].[OrderCompletedDate] = ???

/Morten

Votes for this answer: 2

Sean Meade Dynamicweb Employee
Sean Meade

Thanks, Morten. I have passed that on to the customer and will see what they decide.

You must be logged in to post in the forum