Developer forum

Forum » Development » Product and category copies, -1 in links

Product and category copies, -1 in links

Wiktor Wieczorek

Hello everyone!

We have this issue where after adding new products the links to them are not working.

The problem is that "-1" is added to the category name:

/profylakse/diverse-1/appliseringtips-22g-moerkblaa-75stk

It should be diverse instead of diverse-1.

We have found that if we clear the categories cache the link changes to the correct one:

/profylakse/diverse/appliseringtips-22g-moerkblaa-75stk

Recently we noticed that the same thing happens to individual products:
/instrumenter/kirurgi/steri-wash-tray-kassett-m-lokk-190x92x34mm-1

This product is a copy of the original one:
/instrumenter/kirurgi/steri-wash-tray-kassett-m-lokk-190x92x34mm
This is a problem because the product copies are searchable on Google.

Can it be some integration issue?
It looks like DW creates copies of products and categories.
I don't know where to start, but I hope someone has already encountered a similar problem. 😅

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Wiktor

Dynamicweb does not copy products and groups unless you ask it to. Integrations can create the same product again if IDs are not matched correctly in the integration setup and the product changes value in the column used for integration key mapping after it has been moved to DW.

In your integration job you have setup a key column that is used to map existing products in DW with products in your ERP:

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/integration/integration-framework/data-integration-activities#21149

Ensure you use a column that will not change value after it lands in DW. I.e. if you are using the ProductID column and you are creating product families in DW, the productid will change. So you can use the IntegrationID column of the product as that should not change.

If a group or product has the same name and is placed in the same location in the tree, Dynamicweb will add the -1 because the url has to be unique.

BR Nicolai

Wiktor Wieczorek

Thanks for the reply Nicolai 🙂
I have checked the integration setup and the IDs were matched correctly.
I have checked in the database that there are no copies of products and categories (my assumption was wrong) 😅
However, upon further investigation, it appeared that we didn't remove the demo Swift pages:

Removing them fixed the issue with products with "-1" ✔
I haven't managed to fix the categories issue yet.
If I will I will write about it for future reference 🙂

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Wiktor

I can see that you have URLs attached to both the Products page AND the Products/Detail page - that is wrong. Remove the URLs from the detail page.

Votes for this answer: 1

Wictor Wieczorek

That was it, thank you so much ♥

You must be logged in to post in the forum