Developer forum

Forum » Development » NuGet bug report missing?

NuGet bug report missing?

Karol Barkowski

Hello,

a while ago in this thread I wasked about issues with NuGet packages - https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/development/development/is-nuget-still-supported

The answer I got there was that it was a DW bug that has been reported (#17029) and was about to be fixed in 9.16 release.
But apparently, the issue still remains and I cannot find this bug report anywhere on the list.

Can anyone give a status update on that? Where did this bug go? Is it still something we can expect to get fixed anytime soon? I most recent DW version it's still the same and there are multiple packages that are installed with wrong version.

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Karol

The bug has been closed with this article: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/get-started/introduction/implementing/code-hinting-in-templates#sideNavTitle1-5

When you install a fresh installation - not updating an existing - do you still encounter this issue?

BR Nicolai

Karol Barkowski

Yes. I've encountered it few more times. Pretty much on all versions (9.16.x, 9.17.x and 9.18). In 9.18 it even seems worse as previously I could at least update packages to versions specified in web.config but in 9.18 not only there are new packages showing up with this error but also I cannot change their version to the ones specified in config file as NuGet tells me that some other, dpendant packages are relying on them and version cannot be changed. So it got pretty much worse in 9.18.

Karol Barkowski

Steps to reproduce are still dead simple:
1. Create empty .net web app
2. Run command "Install-Package Dynamicweb.Admin -Version 9.17.x –IncludePrerelease" (of course pick up proper version here)
3. Copy web config contents and start website.

You will see .net's yellow screen of death saying which package is in the wrong version and what is the expected version number that should be installed. Most of them are Microsoft.Owin related packages that need to be upgraded. But there were few other than that as well. And in 9.18 there was something about some SqlClient package as well.

You must be logged in to post in the forum