Developer forum

Forum » Development » Major performance issues by "After DwNavigation"

Major performance issues by "After DwNavigation"

Oscar Romin
Oscar Romin

Hello!

I'm experiencing major loading times on every page on my site, and after putting ?debug=true in the url I see that the events 'After DwNavigation(navbar)' and 'After: BeforeSort' takes about 21 seconds to load. 'After: BeforeSort' is used on pages with products on them, and when the gets the issue the 'After DwNavigation(navbar)' event seems fine, so the issue is only once per load. I have not gone through the entire web to be fair so some other events may also get this error. 

Any ideas what might be the cause? It doesn't really tell me anything, and from what I remember I've had these performance issues for a while now so it's nothing new.

I realise that this isnt too much to go on, but at least some pointer on in which direction to start would be greatly appreciated. 

/Oscar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Oscar

Thank you for using debug to locate the performance issue!

I think you have set the checkbox on a pages ecommerce navigation settings to load products - and you probably have a million or so. Or you render all levels of the ecommerce group navigation, again with a 'million' or so groups - and filtering them out in your XSLT. Another issue could be that you have multiple ecommerce navigations attached to pages in the tree - all rendering a lot of groups. You can see the XML of the navigation by adding ?savexml=true and see what xml files are being dumped next to your xslt templates.

Check that - if that is not the cause, please provide a URL and we will take a look.

BR Nicolai

Oscar Romin
Oscar Romin

Hi Nicolai, thanks for your response!

I went through all the pages in our web and none of them have that checkbox checked unfortunately, and we don't have a million products either. Only like 300 or so, and like 30 productgroups, tops. I also downloaded that xml and it wasn't too big at all, only 100 lines, although the number of lines may not be the relevant piece of information in that xml? What am I looking for?

Other relevant information might be that I'm using version 9.4.14. Unfortunately I can't give you a site URL either since the site is not public yet.

Can it be an IIS thing? We have a virtual /Files folder setup, may that cause performance issues? Just brainstorming...

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Oscar

I was looking for lots of data in the XML file - so that seems to be fine. That seems to leave out the generation of XML that causes the slow performance. Then it could be something in the xslt template. Do you have a chance of sharing it?

Oscar Romin
Oscar Romin

Yeah sure, here are our xslt-files. I don't think we've changed them at all though, but I'm really not confident in xslt enough to know what's what. 

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Oscar

They seem to be ok... I need a url before I can do much more.

BR Nicolai

Oscar Romin
Oscar Romin

Hi again!

I found out that removing all of our projects bin and obj folders and then doing a rebuild temporarily makes the site faster, does this tell you anything? Seems very peculiar to me. 

Nicolai Pedersen

It could be something in one of the dll's. Maybe the live integration dll trying to lookup prices live or something like that.

Glad you found away around it!

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum