Developer forum

Forum » Development » List of most sold products

List of most sold products

Kasper Pedersen

Hello, Is there any method or functionality avaliable to get a list with productIds of the most (TopX) sold products?

I need to the list so I can compared and tag the products i'm showing if they're in topx

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Kasper

When indexing, the index has 2 fields - one for order count and one for gorwth of order count that you can use.

Order count is the number of products sold in the past 60 days (Most popular), and order count growth is the product that has the greatest change in sales week-over-week (Trending)

Ensure that order history of the index is not disabled:

Christoffer Rosendahl Frede

Hi Nicolai.

is there anyway to check the OrderCount value on a product in the Ecommerce section or any way to check,

what the most sold product is ?

/best regards Christoffer.

i checked the ProductIndexBuilder that has the LoadOrderCounts method that has a sql query that selects Orderlines and orders. seems like that is the query that the products should be sorted by. however it seems like the query cant handle a productlist of products that has variants but the view only shows products and not variants or it looks like it cant. maybe i am missing something ? consider this scenario. is it possible to make the OrderCount work with productlists that does not render variants ?

[OrderLanguageId] [OrderLineProductId] [OrderLineProductName] [OrderLineProductVariantId] OrderCount
LANG2  PROD318  ProductVariant1  VO19  11
LANG2  PROD318  ProductVariant2  VO18  1

/best regards Christoffer

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Christoffer 

So you want to sum all the variants sold to the master product?

BR Nicolai

well if it is possible, that would be great for this scenario, yes.

and is there some other way the customer/webshop owner can check what the most sold product is in the backend other than querying sql firehose ?

Best regards Christoffer

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Currently that is not possible.

You can use statistics in your Ecommerce section to see various stats on the webshop - i.e. most sold products:

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum