Developer forum

Forum » Development » Extending the parameters of the index build

Extending the parameters of the index build

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

There may have been other similar questions on this topic but I can;t find them, so I will just repeat the question.

Can I extend the parameters of an index build? I am thinking about Index only products with a specific WorkflowStateID (or a list of) but there can be more extensive rules if it's possible.

The purpose is to optimize the size of the index and keep just the relevant information.

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

The best way is to mark a product as "Exclude from index", field ProductExcludeFromIndex in EcomProducts table. The field is not available in the UI.

Votes for this answer: 1

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you, this is useful information.

In my case though, I have several indexes (3 to be precise) connected to a set of PIM Queries.

Each PIM query is connected (more or less) to a WorkflowStateID (in some cases the rules are a bit more complex). Using a regular index with a small set of products, the migration of products from one list to another is instant. With a large set of products (even with ProductCategoryfields excluded) the migration from one list to another is not instant anymore and it creates confusion. And I want to optimize the size of the index and only include what's relevant for each set of lists. Maybe I am trying the wrong path to solve it ?

Does it make sense?

Thank you,
Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum