Developer forum

Forum » Development » Error when updating through NuGet

Error when updating through NuGet

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

I am upgrading a solution from 9.15.2 to 9.15.10 through NuGet in Visual Studio. At the end of the upgrade process, I get the error below after which the package update is rolled back:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Could not install package 'Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.ShippingProviders.Shipmondo 10.0.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8.1', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

I checked the Shipmondo 10 package and it targets .NET 7. I think that makes sense and is fine., The version that Dynamicweb 9 uses is 1.1.1-Beta which targets .NET Standard. I think because all versions in between are all marked as beta / prerelease, NuGet goes up in the version list until it hits 10, only to discover it's not compatible with .NET Framework 4.7/4.8.

Is there anything that I can do to work around this? Or does it require a new final, DW 9 package from your end?

Note: I don't want nor need Shipmondo in my project but it comes as a dependency. If there's a way to skip it altogether, that would be OK too.

Thanks,

Imar

Replies

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup
This post has been marked as an answer

Dear Imar,

As a workaround you can start with installing the "1.1.1-Beta"-version of Shipmondo, and then afterwards upgrade the solution to 9.15.10.

Hope it solves your problem?

Best regards, 

Anders

Votes for this answer: 1

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Ah, that's clever. Thanks, that made it work!

Imar

You must be logged in to post in the forum